a/c not working [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : a/c not working

jroth2000gt
09-10-2004, 08:27 PM
i tried searching, but didnt find anything. i noticed today that my a/c only blows on 3 4 5 speeds. nothing comes out what so ever on 1 and 2. has anyone had this problem before? i dont know if it could be a fuse since it works at some speeds. could this be the control its self? any help is greatly valued ty

MetaGTP1
09-10-2004, 09:32 PM
i tried searching, but didnt find anything. i noticed today that my a/c only blows on 3 4 5 speeds. nothing comes out what so ever on 1 and 2. has anyone had this problem before? i dont know if it could be a fuse since it works at some speeds. could this be the control its self? any help is greatly valued tyPlease use the SEARCH button. Just look up 'BLOWER FAN RESISTOR'. :)

Mike Jung
09-10-2004, 11:17 PM
Hint Hint: Look at the sticky that is on top of this Technical Q&A section.

HVAC 1,2 not working - Replacing the fan blower resisitor (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1346)

jroth2000gt
09-11-2004, 12:28 AM
thanks mike. my fault for making this post as i was running out of the door. thanks for the info

shady milkman
06-25-2005, 06:41 PM
my fan doesn't work on 5 thats all does anyone know about this?

brim
06-25-2005, 08:21 PM
same boat as before, it's generally the resistor, and if not that the switch.

resistor, very back back back under passenger side dash, 2 tiny little hex head bolts that hold it in, you really have to get in there and worm around to get em. Unplug it, put new one in repeat. I put one bolt back in, the other was too much of a PITA to even bother, i spent an hour trying to find an easy tool to get it out, no extensions would fit i think i ended up using an allen wrench and a socket.

Malaclypse
06-26-2005, 01:40 AM
For the inop on speed five, go to your underhood fuse block and check your high blower fuse. Its marked "Hi Blo Mot" AFAIK. Other than that the only thing it could be is your HVAC blower relay.