Auto Ventshade Headlight Covers ?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Auto Ventshade Headlight Covers ??

ronayne
09-11-2004, 10:04 AM
Hi, I have '01 Black GT and I was curious about these ventshade headlight covers that I saw on pfyc.com Are they easy to install? Also, what would they be like with my driving lights? Does the light shine through? Do you remove them at night?

Thanks for any help,
Ryan

ronayne
09-11-2004, 10:23 AM
Ok, by reading ahead I see GTS ones are the way to go. I guess my same questions still apply though. Any help?

Thanks,
Ryan

AznGA
09-11-2004, 10:25 AM
Go to yahoo and search for GTS headlight covers. They went out of business, but some stores still carry them. I got a brand new pair of carbon fiber covers for around $45. I see fine at night. Other than black ones, they don't block the light that much.

Pvt_Murphy
09-11-2004, 11:13 AM
I got the AV ones to install and remove them you just need to pop the hood; not even lift it. They snap right on and off. At night they make my sylvania's about as darks as if the battery was almost dead so I used to pop them off. Then I realised it doesnt make a difference in the city w/ all the streetlights, so I keep them on at night in the city. They'd look better if you disable your DRLs (see the mods section of the forum) really easy 15min mod.

ronayne
09-11-2004, 03:52 PM
So, if I had them on during the day, my drl's would shine through huh? I live in North Dakota where there are no lights so I would have to take them off at night. Also, I know I wouldn't be able to do the drl mods myself, would they charge alot to do it at a body shop?

Thanks,
Ryan

ronayne
09-11-2004, 03:53 PM
PS I'm talking about the black covers.

Thanks

99GApunk
09-11-2004, 04:54 PM
some autozones carry the gts covers, i have them, they clip over the headlight under the hood, light shines through more than the avs ones (i have both)

the drl over-ride is extremely easy, you can definitely do it yourself if i did

Pvt_Murphy
09-11-2004, 04:57 PM
they drls dont exactly shine through, but they make a glow which ruins the effect; and the DRL override is very easy u just cut one wire, strip it and shove it under a screw I did it @ 11pm w/ no light.