99gt w/ issues. [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 99gt w/ issues.

Necron676
09-12-2004, 12:21 PM
Well I just picked up recently a 99gt that's seem a bit of a beating and have been toying around with fixing it up a bit. Well at this point it's really got 2 major issues and a couple minor ones.

First major issue, Looks like the car hit a curb, so the "skirt" or wtvr it's called on the front of the car that has the fog lights mounted in it, has been all busted up. SO at the very least how do i replace this bumper peice and fog lights and where can i find these at for a reasonable price?

Next, on the rear drivers side wheel, there is a support arm of some sort (wish i knew the name for this) that has been bent slightly, (noticed it while changing tires / replacing fuel filter) and i'm sure this is throwing off my alignment. What is this / how important is it / how much to fix it? etc.?

Then the minor issues i think i've got figured out. Namely the HVAC12 thingy that i ordered a resistor for and the turn signal / hazard issue. The hazard issue sounds just like the one they ordered the recall for but it's a 99, so i'm going to take a look into that more soon. THanks for any help.

GrahamKracka
09-12-2004, 01:16 PM
first issue...junk yard is worth a try

2nd ....do you mean the strut?....id replace immediatly

abusedgt97
09-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Junkyard

If you don't know what it is, don't know where to find it, then chances are you don't know how to fix it, take it somewhere.

AznGA
09-12-2004, 01:49 PM
You might need a new front bumper, if it's busted.
www.gmpartsdirect.com carries new ones for a lot cheaper. I dunno how much stock foglight housings cost, but you can get an aftermarket pair for $50 from www.pfyc.com

iceman1793
09-13-2004, 07:29 PM
I seen the front bumper on Ebay. Not a bad price. Search under "grand am".