Sticky petal? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Sticky petal?

rizer
09-13-2004, 08:59 PM
Ever since i got my TPS replaced, the gas petal like sticks. Wont move till u apply a good pressure then it like breaks free. Sucks when on dirt, always spin the tires when u get the petal free.

Any idea? Nothings caught in it or anything.
Kinda annoying having people at lights thinking im trying to race as i take off fast suddenly at lights :)

preed4962
09-16-2004, 09:43 AM
Take the TPS off and operate it with a screw driver, just to make sure it is free. The throttle bodies on these cars tend to 'coke' up on the back side of the valve, this can cause the sticking too... could be just a coincidence that happened at the same time as the TPS replacement. If the TB is 'coked', get some Top Engine cleaner or even TB cleaner and an old toothbrush and clean it up......

michslpgt
09-16-2004, 11:33 AM
My throttle body started to stick a little by the cam where the cables come to it. Happend right when I changed over to CAI. Funny how GM cars know when you mess with something. Just threw some white lithium grease in there and its been fine ever since. Not sure if thats your problem but try that if preed's suggestion doesnt work.

Matt95GT
09-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Check your TB cable orientation and attachment point too. It's easy to position it wrong causing it to stick after working on it... I've done it several times.