One More Hella Angel Eye Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : One More Hella Angel Eye Question

dennistowell
09-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Ok i have been lookin for the last two days without finding what i want. I want to wire the angels eyes up like this, the angel eye portion up to the stock fog light switch and the fog light portion up to the high beams on the headlights. I think i have it down but dont know if it will work out right.

Yellow wire connnected to the existing purple wire for the stock fogs
White wire connected to a power wire for the high beams
Black wire to ground
Both Red Wires to a (+) source (BATT)

Here what i am going off to get these connections
http://www.grandamgt.com/mod_images/blazer/angeleyewiring-lrg.jpg

Now the last question i have is what wire can i use for the power from the high beams to power the fogs. I really dont what to tap into the wire going directly to the high beams cause that will cause the high beams to be less bright defeating the purpose of high beams. I guess my question really, is there a relay for the high beams, that way i can tap into the switched source going into the relay and leave the power for the high beams alone.

Any help for the electrical wizards on this fourm would be great. Thanks guys and gals!!!

dennistowell
09-15-2004, 02:08 PM
come on guys, i now someone out there must know something, i would like to wire these up tomorow if i can get some info.
thanks

Rba007
09-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Just FYI, the high beams and low beams are always powered. The middle prong on the 9007 connector is the juice. Its a Ground switched system, which means that when you turn on low beams, the ground is there and the circuit is completed. When you kick on highs, the ground for the lows goes away and the ground for the highs is there and the circuit is completed. SOOoooo, if you want to go about it that way, your power wire will have to go to the middle wire on the headlight socket, and the ground will have to go to the ground for the highbeams. (Do a a search for a post by iceman about his Hid kit. He lays out which prong on the connector is what).

What I did, was connect the angel eyes (yellow) to the stock parking lights, and the actual main bulbs to the oem fog light switch. No extra switches or crap like that . Works nice.

dennistowell
09-15-2004, 10:18 PM
that is the way that i have found that everyone is doing it but that wont work for me. i want to be able to use the main lights when my high beams are on and the way the car is set up the stock fogs go off when the high beams are on. So what i guess i am really looking for is a place to get power that is cold when the low beams are on and then hot when the high beams are on.

if anyone has anyother place i could get that kind of power from i would go that route.

thanks fot the hlep i think i will try to wire it up that way(through the ground on the high beams) tommorow

dennistowell
09-16-2004, 02:18 AM
ok i have done some searching on a site that iceman gave me to look at and i found this. i was thinking that i can take the negitive ground off the high beams and use it to switch a relay for the hella main bulbs. let me know what you think, if this will work at all or not?

Section from http://www.the12volt.com/relays/page1.asp

If you have a switch or an alarm or keyless entry that has a negative output that you wish to use to switch a device that requires 12V+ such as a horn, dome light, parking lights, head lights, hatch release, etc., wire a relay as shown below to convert the negative output (trigger) to a positive output.

plus there is a wiring diagram also that shows how to wire it up

dennistowell
09-16-2004, 01:59 PM
i got them wired up today and they work great!
the angel eye is on any time the low beams are on and is controled on/off by the stock fog light switch
the mian bulb in angel eyes is on when ever the high beams are turned on with the control on the streering wheel

i will post a "how to" here either tonight or tomorrow when i get a chance, to me it was quite easy once i figured out where to get power from, and i would say that it cont be any harder than wiring them up as most of the other people have. plus i think this is the way to go to get the full use out of the driving light portion of the angle eyes without having to add a toggle switch in the car, i am just using the exsiting fog light switch

thanks alot to ICEMAN for pointing me in the right direction!!! you are the electrical GOD!!!