Warranty's almost up [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Warranty's almost up

SilverEcstasy
09-15-2004, 05:44 PM
What should I do? I know the guys arn't going to say okay to a "full car checkup" without some serious money. I almost think my transmission is a little fcked up cause it seems like it slips quite a bit shifting from 1st to 2nd under full throttle. I do use the manual gear selection quite a bit in the past too and i'm sorta regretting now. Any suggestions on what to look forward? I have already had my front rotors replaced on the TSB, and I haven't needed any other serious services other than my lower intake manifold leak (surprisingly it hasn't leaked again) I could use all the help I can get guys, please advise, cause I need this done by next Monday or so at the latest (before I go WAY over my miles)

SC/TGrandAm
09-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Chances are you messed up the tranny. I did that on my old GA and fubared the tranny. Id go in there and say my tranny was slipping and get it looked at. I think if its on record that there was a problem during warranty period if it focks up out of warranty they should fix it. I believe my dealer told me that, but its not a they "HAVE" to type a deal.

AznGA
09-15-2004, 07:26 PM
What do you guys mean by manual gear selection? Like shifting manually with gas pedal on the floor? Or shifting into lower gear to raise the RPM so you can hear your exhaust?

Also how do you know when your tranny slips during WOT? Does the RPM go up to the limiter without shifting?

andrewe77
09-15-2004, 07:30 PM
The 1-2 slipping/soft shift is a known issue.

http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36564&highlight=1-2

My car does it as well as many other. I took mine in and they checked the computer for codes and found none. They pretty much told me there's nothing wrong with it.

I suggest you have them check yours out. If they find a problem, PLEASE let me know!

SilverEcstasy
09-16-2004, 12:51 AM
But then again, i'm seriously contemplating if I even want them to touch it. Sorta like "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Car still drives, runs fine, everythings fine no problems, just certain issues that I might want to have looked at. I dunno. Any other suggestions for pre-warranty end check up?

kse73
09-16-2004, 06:30 AM
Well.... 2 months after my warranty goes... LIM leak...and alternator goes to crap. Then again, not everyone has my luck.

AznGA
09-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Things I should have got fixed under warranty:

LIM leak, CD gets stuck in HU, and one of my torqued chrometech is peeling on the edge a little bit. I should have been smarter.

UNCTYPE-S
09-16-2004, 05:07 PM
i see where ur coming from mike, i would be hesitant too going in there and having them mess with things, and then something go wrong. but if u think the tranny is slipping i would take it in before its too late, cause its only gonna get worse in time and im sure ur not gonna wanna have to dish out for a replacement or to have them fix it.

this is why i will not own a single car without a warranty, or atleast go over 1k miles past the warranty.

goodluck

RedGT2004
09-16-2004, 05:18 PM
I was having this shifting problem like your describing and it went away when I took it to the dealership for misfire in cylinder 1. They told me the fuel injectors were dirty and they clean them. They also replace the fuel filter. After that the car shifted really smooth and I wasnt having those shifting problems especially at WOT like before.

SilverEcstasy
09-16-2004, 06:29 PM
I never thought about that, Red. I'll have that checked out. I'm thinking i'll take it in and have them just look at it or do whatever they can.