squeaking front sway bar bushing [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : squeaking front sway bar bushing

grandGTR
09-17-2004, 07:40 AM
I have had my 00 GA to the dealer 3 times for this squeaking front sway bar bushing. First they changed the torque of the bolts that hold it, then they replaced it with a different kind, then they greased the bushing and checked the torque. Well that was all resolved back about the end of 2002, but now it is back and in full squeak. There was a TSB on the issue also. So, now that I am well out of warranty how do I correct this awful squeak myself? Yes, I did search and found info, but nothing specific...

action
09-17-2004, 11:36 AM
remove the bolt and grease the bushing with a silicone based grease, or just drown with a penetrating type fluid!!!

grandGTR
09-18-2004, 08:12 AM
Thanks! What type of bushing is on there now do you know (they are the ones replaced by the dealer, since they said it had a TSB on the original ones)? I know bushings have to be greased with a specific type, so I do not want to make things worse. lol.

SublimeWind
09-20-2004, 07:46 AM
If you had the problems while under warrenty, and they are documented, but now your out of warrenty.. I would go back and do some hardcore bitchin... they "should" honer the problem because it was a known problem with your car... I say they "should", but they may not..

Wind

grandGTR
09-20-2004, 10:13 AM
True, I got 4 new tires that way out of warrenty. (that beed recall). If it is doing to continue, I would rather find a solution I can easily do myself. Dealers are to difficult and time consuming. lol