DRL Kit [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DRL Kit

Hodge
09-17-2004, 01:14 PM
http://www.easyperformance.com/GM_DRL_Switches/GM_DRL_Switches_Devel_Frameset.htm

GO to that website, my question is, if i get that kit, can i roll with the parking and fogs? then all i would have to do is somehow stop the ambient light sensor right? could I use the instructions in the how-to section regaurding the ALC and just not the drl's after buying the DRL kit? please reply. if anyone has used this kit i would like your opinion on it please. Thanks.

AaronGAGT
09-17-2004, 01:24 PM
Why dont you just do the How-To? Its all free and you can cruise with your fogs and parking lights... and its an easy job and reversible.

mightypan42
09-17-2004, 01:26 PM
This (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17559&highlight=drl+bypass) way's cheaper. Can't enable/disable, but that's what the headlight switch is for. I've been driving around with fogs and parking lights since I did it.

Hodge
09-17-2004, 04:09 PM
well lets just say im 16 and im not the best with cars yet haha i don't wanna mess it up. i just tried kind of but if someone in michigan would do it for me, i would pay them. let me know if anyone has that kit.

01silverGT
09-17-2004, 05:20 PM
well lets just say im 16 and im not the best with cars yet haha i don't wanna mess it up. i just tried kind of but if someone in michigan would do it for me, i would pay them. let me know if anyone has that kit.

i live not to far from you in Clawson and i would be glad to do it for you! email me at rolando865@yahoo.com if you are interested

mightypan42
09-17-2004, 05:33 PM

Your decision. The directions in the How-To make the process very easy. Yeah, it took a while to get up the nerve to try, but I made it through with no problems.

Hodge
09-17-2004, 10:12 PM
yo silverGT i'll message you on aim or email you, im going up north for the weekend and maybe we could meet somewhere if it doesnt take long. i got a neon in the way. but my school (Stoney Creek) plays clawson so u guys can't be that far. a question though, have you done it before? i'll reply like sunday night but i wanna know cause i dont want my BCM to get trahsed haha

01silverGT
09-18-2004, 09:48 AM
yo silverGT i'll message you on aim or email you, im going up north for the weekend and maybe we could meet somewhere if it doesnt take long. i got a neon in the way. but my school (Stoney Creek) plays clawson so u guys can't be that far. a question though, have you done it before? i'll reply like sunday night but i wanna know cause i dont want my BCM to get trahsed haha

did it to my 01 with no problems whatsoever. give me a call at 248-302-5306. i am at 14 & Main in Clawson so not too far!

Hodge
09-20-2004, 07:10 PM
aiight man i'll give u a call probably in like... 2-3 weeks, i gotta get my rims off then i might be able to drive on ur sh!tty roads where u are. haha talk to u soon man late

lightningGA
09-20-2004, 07:50 PM
http://www.easyperformance.com/GM_DRL_Switches/GM_DRL_Switches_Devel_Frameset.htm

GO to that website, my question is, if i get that kit, can i roll with the parking and fogs? then all i would have to do is somehow stop the ambient light sensor right? could I use the instructions in the how-to section regaurding the ALC and just not the drl's after buying the DRL kit? please reply. if anyone has used this kit i would like your opinion on it please. Thanks.

so has anyone ought one of these???

01silverGT
09-21-2004, 05:24 AM
haven't bought one of those but i did the grounding the BCM wire way and it worked with no problems