Alignment issues [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Alignment issues

SilverEcstasy
09-18-2004, 09:40 PM
Ever since I got my new Yokohamas a while back my car seems to drift back and forth in the lanes on the highway and streets. They do make some seriously obnoxious noise on the highway, but when I slow down at intersections my steering wheel pulls back and forth in each direction. On the freeway the steering feels incredibly loose and the car pulls to the left.

Signs of Alignment needed? I've never had one done yet on the car and its at 35k miles.

SilverEcstasy
09-20-2004, 06:07 AM
bump

Slim
09-20-2004, 06:10 AM
Sounds like the car might be tram-lining. It happens when the tires follow lines in the pavement. As far as pulling to the left on the highway, your car is supposed to do that. It'll most likely pull to the right if you're in the right-hand lane.

The treads on the tires just might be sensitive to the road pattern/crown.

SilverEcstasy
09-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Well I just got off the phone with the service tech and its $49.99 for a two-wheel alignment or $89.99 for a 4 wheel alignment. Which would you suggest? I've never had an alignment done on the car just yet so who knows? I would like to see if they'd just charge me $49.99 if the rears don't need it.

Slim
09-20-2004, 06:44 AM
On our cars, it's better to get the 4 wheel alignment. Especially because of the 4-wheel strut suspsension.

That's pretty steep though. I can get a 4 wheel alignment done for $69.99 (Canadian) at a lot of places around me.

SilverEcstasy
09-20-2004, 08:04 AM
I know its always expensive at the dealership. For some reason I feel very comfortable getting work done at the dealership. I really don't trust a whole lot other people, and they always seem to do a good job.

iceman
09-20-2004, 08:05 AM
Should be $65 for a 4 wheel alignment.