MAF not plugged in...how to clear SES [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : MAF not plugged in...how to clear SES

Hexx
09-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Ooops. So I went back to my stock housing. Kept telling myself not to forget to plug it back in....Doh. Of course I forgot. Road around about 20 miles with it unplugged. Tranny was shifting VERY hard :( I thought I plugged it back in for sure and thought the reason it was shifting hard was because of the learning curve...once I plugged it in, all was good....except....

SES light. The light came on when I had the LS1 MAF ends installed in my car. Nothing was calibrated....it ran like crap....threw an SES...that is why I went back to the stock MAF ends.

So....how do I clear the SES light? I tried unplugging my battery for 15 mins. When I turned the car back on the car was relearning the idle and my clock was at 1:00.

Is it possible for the codes to still be in the system, or is something totally fscked?

Hexx
09-22-2004, 04:43 PM
So you guys were no help heh.

Unplugged it and left it like that overnight. Plugged it in, in the morning and all was well.

MagusXIII
09-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Hexx, I am sure you got everything all worked out. While we do know that OBDII does nto clear codes by merely disconnecting the battery, if the system does manage to fix itself, then the codes will disappear by OBDII itself.

Back in 2000, my ZX2 was in an accident that damaged the left rear quarter panel. Now to fix that, they had to also disconnect some form of emissions control sensor as the device was located behind the quarter panel, close to the fuel tank. Well, the body shop forgot to reconnect the sensor and I threw a P1451 - Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit code. When I FINALLY found the connector dangling, I plugged it back in and drove without disconnecting the battery. Upon arriving at my friend's he put his basic Actron scan tool on the car and...the P1451 was gone.

So OBDII can correct itself w/o disconnecting the battery if in our cases, a sensor is left unplugged and later reconnected.

Don