PLEASE Help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE Help

GroundZero
09-23-2004, 05:08 PM
Have a service engine light on i have checked all the searches and have found nothing that matched i also checked all fuses ! I have no fog lamps no tailights and no cluster . all fusses are ok i am wondering which relay to shoot at first all my hazzards work my brake lights work brights turnsignals they all work it is really wierd any suggestions will help thanks!? :scream: :scream:

GAGTSCTGuy
09-23-2004, 05:11 PM
:confused: Not enough info, Get the code read at AutoZone, post the code

Mike Jung
09-23-2004, 05:18 PM
See sticky at the top of this forum section: SES Lights ... in General (http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7413)

Did you get gas recently ?
Go & check the gas cap is on properly (most common fault for a SES light). Make sure to turn the gas cap for at least 3-clicks clockwise.

If that is not it; go & get the OBD-II code read what area/circuit is tripping the SES light to turn on.

Edit:
Sorry, I didn't read the post correctly originally. I thought it was just a SES light.

There are 3 locations for fuses (just in-case you forgot one): driver's side, passenger's side & under the hood.
It sounds like a fuse blew.
Maybe under the hood; maybe fuses 3 & 4...as they have combo duties.

GroundZero
09-24-2004, 03:15 PM
yea i checked uum no luck does autzone do svs or ses or do theyt do eem both?

MetaGTP1
09-24-2004, 03:26 PM
Have a service engine light on i have checked all the searches and have found nothing that matched i also checked all fuses ! I have no fog lamps no tailights and no cluster . all fusses are ok i am wondering which relay to shoot at first all my hazzards work my brake lights work brights turnsignals they all work it is really wierd any suggestions will help thanks!? :scream: :scream:If lights are out you will receive an SVS(Service Vehicle Soon) light. As stated earlier, check all fuse locations and any relays in those sections. I think you should check the fuse box in the engine compartment first. There are a few relays inside that fuse box. :)

GroundZero
09-25-2004, 02:00 PM
so auto zone can test out the svs lights?

GAGTSCTGuy
09-25-2004, 05:28 PM
AutoZone can read all the codes your computer is throwing, whether they light the SES, or SVS, or no light at all (sometimes that happens)

GroundZero
09-28-2004, 10:18 PM
yea still nothin changed all fusses all relays that deal with the lights sytill no luck