Auto Starter Install Question [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Auto Starter Install Question

tenny
09-25-2004, 08:23 PM
Hi,

I tried installing my autostarter in my 2004 Alero today and for some reason it will not work. I am sure that I got all of the wires correct but when I hit the transmitter button on the remote the "brain" clicks about 5 times but nothing happens. I used the "PL-06 Bypass module for GM PASSLOCK2". I put a DMM on the ignition harness on the brain and the only reading I get when it's clicking is on the constant 12 volt line, it never sends any voltage out on the starter wire, is this a sign of a defective starter?

Any help would be appreciated.

tenny
09-25-2004, 08:27 PM
oh ya, the only conflicting advice I seem to be finding on searches that I have done is that:

Some people say that one of the constant 12 volts goes to the red wire adn the other one goes to the red/black wire.

Also, some say the acc wire goes to one of the orange wires and some say it goes to the brown.

I have both power wires going to the one red wire, and I have the acc going to one of the orange wires. I tested it using a DMM and it seemed fine.

RiChWhA
09-25-2004, 08:55 PM
what brand starter?

tenny
09-25-2004, 10:38 PM
Autostart its a canadian company.

Also I noticed on one post it said u had to leave the key in the on position for 10 minutes for the bypass to learn the passlock 2 but the directions for my bypass say just to start it once witht the key once u have it installed and then it will work from the remote.

Also when you click on the start car button, the relays in the brain for the autostart click but in the bypass nothing happens.

EBlend
09-25-2004, 11:06 PM
man i had troubles installing my alarm as well before...but did you make sure u hooked up both ignitions? there is ignition 1 and ignition 2 plus accessory....if i am not mistaken and can still remmeber accessory is orage....and there is a brown for one ignition and dark green for the other. i hooked my car up that way and it fired right up :D

let me see the owners manual overall connections and i cna help you out

tenny
09-26-2004, 06:30 AM
I definatly hooked up both ignitions and acc... I dont think it would matter what its hooked up to though since the remote start does not output anything on those wires when it tries to start the car.

RiChWhA
09-26-2004, 07:30 AM
after i was done installing my remote starter, i had the same problem. it turned out that the company misprinted in the manual and i had to reverse two plugs into the brain unit. it was a different brand than yours, but it wouldn't hurt calling the company.

tenny
09-26-2004, 01:46 PM
I just sent them an email, and I checked the manual online for the product and it is the same as what I have so you'd think they would have put it up there if it was that problem. Hopefully they will get back to me tomorrow.