small annoying things how to fix [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : small annoying things how to fix

Carmaniac
09-27-2004, 07:51 AM
there have been some annoying little things that have been bothering me lately on my 2000 gagt. they have been building up. first, something is squiking and making a kind of crackling noise in the front right side everytime i make a sharp or sligt left or right turn. the back also does this to and it makes it even more noticable when i go over a speed bump. should i just get new sway bar bushings off pfyc.com or lube up the bushings? second, when i turn my steering wheel it makes like a noise that is kinda unexplainable but it sounds like a ghost or sumthing lol evertime i turn my steering wheel in complete circles. third, everthing shakes or vibratres or makes a crackling noise in the inside of my car. such as all the door panels and stuff. everytime i go on a rough rode or go around turns everthing just seems like its moving around and making noises in my car :scream: and my slp exhaust is also rattling but i will figure out how to fix that. so can someone tell me how i can fix these things? or is it just part of the gm special

el nino
08-25-2006, 11:14 PM
wow i have the same exact problems. drive me crazy!!

ga_se2005
08-25-2006, 11:41 PM
a priest should fix those noises, sounds like ur car's posessed :D

ganut
08-26-2006, 12:02 AM
1- You prolly need new struts/mounts
2- check your power steering fluid
3- your car is getting older and these things start happening. Go through and tighten the screws on your door panels, and other stuff. If you have a stereo with a lot of bass, dynamat everything.

el nino
08-26-2006, 12:49 AM
a priest should fix those noises, sounds like ur car's posessed :D

well its not that bad but i just want the car to sound like i just bought it yesterday. what can i say i have high expectations. :D

ga_se2005
08-26-2006, 01:19 AM
well its not that bad but i just want the car to sound like i just bought it yesterday. what can i say i have high expectations. :D

I can understand that, it would probably drive me crazy too, i have an 85 tbird that creaks and whines with certain things as well, it drives the hell outta me, that's why when I got the GA i went for the 120,000/6 yr extended warranty :angel it covers everything but the brakes and other regular wear and tear

2000Gt Grand Am
08-26-2006, 10:38 AM
A couple of my tires squeak or makes a low grinding noise, its crazy & i know its not the brakes cuz i even just had them done. Plus a rock hit one of my rims & bent it so it kind of makes a whining noise a bit. I plan on gettin the stock 03' rims tho so it doestn matter.

GrandAmGT1996
08-26-2006, 01:52 PM
You can fix them all at once, turn the radio up really loud.

rockfan0005
08-26-2006, 04:43 PM
well if you do figure out how to stop the damn SLP exaust from rattling at idle, let me know, because it's starting to drive me insane.

99gtworld
08-28-2006, 06:30 AM
Just to throw in some humor,Thats why I turn my audio up,it helps realy.

Graxall
08-28-2006, 08:14 AM
well if you do figure out how to stop the damn SLP exaust from rattling at idle, let me know, because it's starting to drive me insane.
Its rattling off of the exhaust hooks ide assume..Arent they just like "J" hooks that hold it there? maybe try making something that goes all the way around ur pipe...

rockfan0005
08-28-2006, 06:19 PM
I just fixed the rattling finally. I just took a look under my car and shook the exhaust up and down, side to side to see where it was rattling. I figured out it was rattling because it hit the axle. So to fix this I just shoved a piece of metal between the exaust and the axle (it was this fat allen wrench that was sitting around doing nothing haha)...Problem solved...I should have fixed it within two weeks of installing it...but I was lazy so I dealt with the damn rattling for a year