Random Misfire Code [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Random Misfire Code

gaultma
09-30-2004, 05:41 PM
I have a 99 gt with 70,000 miles have been having this random misfire code for roughly a month. I have replaced all the ignition components and checked the fuel pressure. The previous owner never changed a single part on the car. I have in the last 10,000 miles changed plugs, fuel filter, pkug wires, ignition coils and ignition module. When i scan the brain it just says random misfire. I have no idea what to do next, if anyone has some advice, please let me know.

Mike Jung
09-30-2004, 05:50 PM
Try flushing the fuel injectors clean through the fuel rail system (with fuel injector cleaner that hooks directly to the fuel rail).

gaultma
09-30-2004, 05:54 PM
The weird thing about it is that when its wet outside it does it at all sorts of different rpms and speeds. When its a nice day out the ses light blinks after it shifts to the next gear from a high rpm shift.

DXP
09-30-2004, 07:19 PM
Had the same promblem in my GT a little while ago. Its most def the Fuel injectors need a fluss

RedGT2004
09-30-2004, 07:34 PM
Same thing happen to my car. I was having a misfire in cylinder 1 and the car was running rough in the low rpms. I took it to the dealer and they told me the injectors were dirty. I would get the injectors clean and go from there.