just baught a gagt, need some info [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : just baught a gagt, need some info

judgez24
10-01-2004, 03:29 PM
hey guys, new to the board, my buddy mike posts here, nto sure as what but its probably 89lxstanger. anwyays, i jsut baught a 97 gagt, price was right, the thing runs great, but it has a few thigns i need to fix before i can proceed with my plans. a little info on me, ive got a 97 z24 with some work done to it. car should go a high 13 this sunday depending on traction and will be turbocharged before the snow hits the ground.

as for the ga, the power windows dont go down, we thought it might have been a fuse but theres no fuse so i think it might be the switch itself, neither driver nor passanger side panels work, and i know with my cavy, when my switchwent, the window went up but not down. any input on this would be great as im sure ive jsut got some of the more common problems.

also abs light is on, not sure why but im sure i can figuer that out, if the ga is like the j body then the sensors are crap and stop working from time to time. if this is a common issue, the abs light coming on for whatever reason then pelase let me know.

horn stopped working, well it didnt work before hand, which leads me to believe the horns might both be dead, ocne again, the cavy is the same way, they both die, so if this is the case pelase let me know otherwise if there is somethign else that causes them iw ouldnt mind knowing about that.

and heres one that i hear is common, the heater switch, well heater fan as the mech called it. it has one position, panel only, doesnt change when i move it from floors to vents to windows. is this jsut tha heater panel itself thats done or is there smethign i can replace like a resistor that would cause this?

im assuming this would more than likely be vacuum activated but i could be wrong.

thanks for anyone whos taken the time to read this and ill be sure to check back later on tonite, thanks again

Molson
10-02-2004, 07:51 AM
Uchi you screwball, what you doin buying a car that needs so much work?!?1

The heater may be a vacuum line off.

Horns are cheap at the wrecking yard.

Windows may be a regulator, but if its both its gotta be a wiring/fuse problem.

GTLUVA
10-02-2004, 08:01 AM
I wish somebody stopped me last April when I decided to turn in my 2000 GT and order a new 2003 GT. I like the car and how it looks but I'm still running into more problems with my new one then I had on my old one sometimes. I'm stupid and thought heck if I can order a new one from the factory which I did it will be problem free wrong and I frickin baby that damn car too even though I like to modify it up appearance wise and sound wise but still to this date I'm ready to just park my car on the bridge and have somebody hit it. But my car was just built last April 2003 but for being a car a year and half old I already replaced: backup bulbs,fog lamp for moisture, window regualtor and clips shot at 10,000 miles and now my damn rotors had to be turned at 15,000 miles now my damn 20 amp fuse is blown I now my car only has 15,200 miles on it but sometimes it just makes so mad I just want to put a for sale sign on it. But the only reason I'm keeping it yet is because I get compliments everday on it and I have spent over $4,000 just in toys with the stupid car. I'm just planning on keeping it till April 30, 2006 thats when my factory warranty ends and then I'm getting an comp gtp :)

Molson
10-02-2004, 08:23 AM
How is that helping him, at ALL with his concerns on his 1997??!?!?

cousinD
10-02-2004, 11:58 AM
return it quick!!!!

judgez24
10-03-2004, 07:16 PM
sup molson you old dog, lol. hows the car treatin ya? still running the intake i made? :D

i got thisthing super cheap so i couldnt pass it up, money maker you know :)

what you been doin these days anyways?

Molson
10-03-2004, 08:30 PM
Same ole, same ole. Missed you guys in the Falls when we had our meet! I have a different intake now, same idea, just not PVC :D had that one for a while tho.

We gotta get together again sometime.

judgez24
10-15-2004, 03:23 PM
hey, forgot about this site for a while, lol. yeha next time your down leave me a message on here or email me, turbocav2hotmail.com and ill try to make it out to say hi.

just about to go outside and start to do the intake manifold gasket on the grand am, cant wait, in case yo udidnt notice, that was sarcasm, lol