Blew Out My Cigratte Lighter Fuse [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Blew Out My Cigratte Lighter Fuse

GTLUVA
10-01-2004, 03:34 PM
Well I pulled out my streetglow 4 way outlet out of my cigratte holder and it wouldn't come out so I pulled it out and basically ripped out of my cigratte holder but now plugged it back in and no juice in my holder drove to the gm dealer checked out my fuses they were okay. What I'm thinking is I must of broken the cigratee holder outlet but anybody know why my cigratte outlet is no longer working. I need answers soon. I need my fuzz buster on but I tried the outlet in my mom's car and it works just fine. Please help me.

GTLUVA
10-01-2004, 04:47 PM
Darn it I want to no whatz wrong with my damn outlet all fuses have been checked. I have an early bird appoinment tomorrow at 8:15 am before I go to work but I can't wait. I'm hoping my lovely gm factory warranty will cover the stupid outlet

Ant
10-01-2004, 04:56 PM
my streetglow 4 way outlet

that was your problem to begin with....

just hardwi-- err, rather, have your dealer hardwire your electronic goodies for you.

GALover
10-01-2004, 04:58 PM
The outlet is nothing. $5 max at junkyard. You can change it no problem. Only a screw driver is required.

GTLUVA
10-01-2004, 05:03 PM
The outlet is nothing. $5 max at junkyard. You can change it no problem. Only a screw driver is required.

How to you take the screwdriver at the cigratte fuse? I know I'm pretty stupid when it comes to car stuff but I'm thinking just take off the radio trim and then grab the damn outlet out and replace it with the new one or I'm I wrong their. If I take a screwdriver won't I fry myself lol

GALover
10-01-2004, 05:06 PM
12 volts = no pain. Just a buzz at worst.
Remove the radio trim. There's a how to on this. You'll see. SOOoooo easy.

But, yes your right. see the evicerator's website. pull out old replace with new. Then have dealer hardwire in your goodies.

mr_eh
10-01-2004, 06:13 PM
12 volts = no pain. Just a buzz at worst.
Remove the radio trim. There's a how to on this. You'll see. SOOoooo easy.

But, yes your right. see the evicerator's website. pull out old replace with new. Then have dealer hardwire in your goodies.

hahaha watching iceman zap himself in the parking lot of the hotel was quite funny, i laughed on the inside...

iceman
10-01-2004, 07:49 PM
^lol nothin like dead shortin @ the battery.. SPARK hahahahaha

anyways, what GAlover said :thumbs:

Jagey
10-01-2004, 09:51 PM
hey, same thing happened to me. I plugged in a streetglow tube into the cig. lighter to see what it would look like before i hardwired it. It got stuck and I yanked it out, then the cig. lighter stopped working. However, my fuse just blew, i don't know what the hell happened in this case.

GTLUVA
10-02-2004, 06:52 AM
Took my car in this moring bright and early at 8:15 am waiting for my car and about 15 minutes later the service adivsor told me the mechanic found the 20 amp fuse blown in the the center fuse box in my engine. I'm just happy my lovely gm factory warranty covered the part :) so nothing out of my pockets. But I got to use my factory warranty twice already this week monday for turning the rotors and now today for the fuse :)

Molson
10-02-2004, 06:54 AM
hahahahah you brought it in for a fuse?!?! hehe

GTLUVA
10-02-2004, 07:04 AM
hahahahah you brought it in for a fuse?!?! hehe

Hell why not! They had to supply the damn fuse under my factory warranty :) I don't pay any labor for any work under my warranty. So why not lol

Molson
10-02-2004, 07:22 AM
I can understand that.

a fuse is 25 cents, and it takes about 30 seconds to change, so why not drive all the way to a dealership to put it in.

GTLUVA
10-02-2004, 07:25 AM
I can understand that.

a fuse is 25 cents, and it takes about 30 seconds to change, so why not drive all the way to a dealership to put it in.

Damn I didn't think they were that cheap. **** if somebody would of told me I couldn't changed it myself and saved the damn gas to the dealership because its a 5 mile drive one way lol But wheres the fuse box in the engine located then I'm so dumb I just thought the fuses were on the left and right in the interior :)

Molson
10-02-2004, 07:54 AM
Its the black box, drivers side, thats marked FUSES.

mr_eh
10-02-2004, 08:03 AM
wanna hear something even more funny? you silly bastard, you have an extra 20 fuse attached to the panel on your drivers side door, and i thought you said you checked the fuses? if you looked in the fuse box under the hood you would see on the table "CIG" next to the fuse #, and then you look at it to see if its broke, i blow mine out at least twice every 6 months (phone charger improper use =P)...

Jagey
10-02-2004, 08:24 AM
lol, the fuse is only a few cents and it takes about 5 seconds to change. I don't even know anything about a car under the hood and i figured out how to change it myself

GrandAmChick
10-02-2004, 10:05 AM
u guys should invest in the 12V dual power outlets.. then u won't have to worry about stuff gettin stuck in the acutal outlet, annnnd u can use 2 things at once. :)

Molson
10-02-2004, 10:07 AM
the Alero comes with 2. :D