4dr seats fit in 2dr Grand am? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : 4dr seats fit in 2dr Grand am?

matt shauf
10-02-2004, 12:48 PM
There is a junkyard up the road here that has a nice set of leather seats in a 4dr gt, and I could get a heck of a deal on them. I have a 2dr gt. Are the seats compatable, front or rear? I never really noticed any difference in the seats. Anyone know?

XMBlackGT1
10-02-2004, 12:51 PM
They're the same size, but you'll run into a problem with the front seats- they wont have the quick release on the back of the seat to fold the front forward and slide it forward. Thats the only problem that I think you would have.

For the front seats, you could take the cloth covers off of your current seats and put the leather covers on- that would solve the problem with the seat release.

matt shauf
10-03-2004, 05:32 AM
OK, Thanks. So, the back seat will fit perfect?

tenny
10-03-2004, 06:04 AM
yup

feature_edit
10-19-2004, 01:41 AM
Well for that matter, can I put a front driver's seat from a coupe in my sedan? My left side bolster is toast and all deflated. And just the other day I was reaching for a CD in the pocket on the back of the seat, and felt a spring poking out. No wonder my seat is so freakin' uncomfortable! The reason I ask is I've found a pristine seat from a crashed GT for 50 bones!

SC/TGrandAm
10-19-2004, 01:54 AM
Coupe seats will work in a sedan...

Sedan seats wont work in a coupe.