Fuel Filter Helpful Hints [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Helpful Hints

White Puma
10-05-2004, 07:43 AM
Hello...can't believe I finally found a GA board! I ran across a few, but they weren't as organized as this one. Hopefully i can get some help on this...

Anyone ever change a fuel filter on a 1999 GAGT? From what I've read they are not as easy as the after model GAGT's, but wanted to see if anyone had a helpful hints before I attemp this. I bought a Haynes Manuel, but they don't always give the best instructions.

Thanks.

gaultma
10-05-2004, 08:08 PM
I took mine to three different shop in the local area before i found someone that could do it right. he took two flat head screwdrivers and pried on the black plastic piece on opposites sides after disconnecting the bolt side of it. It took a decent amount of force to get it out. To sive the time id just cut the thing off anf get a hose clamp, its a hell of alot easier for next time.

papiogagt
10-06-2004, 10:22 PM
don't get gas in your ear..

White Puma
10-07-2004, 06:36 AM
Thanks papiogagt...never would've thought of that. Good catch. I think from reading other posts I'll just have Jiffy Lube do it for $49.99.

AaronGAGT
10-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Thanks papiogagt...never would've thought of that. Good catch. I think from reading other posts I'll just have Jiffy Lube do it for $49.99.

Wow. What a waste of money.

Matt's99GT
10-07-2004, 08:07 PM
You can do it, it's just a PITA. After half an hour of swearing, I finally got mine off, without damaging the clip either.

BTarb24
12-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Here is a link on how to change the fuel filte to assist searchers:
http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41090

NorKoastal
12-15-2004, 01:35 PM
Dont pay $50, save that for more parts....

carsarecool
12-15-2004, 11:15 PM
i ended up breaking off one of the black plastic tabs, but the piece is still intact.... heres a hint get some FLARE wrenches, i read that in the haynes manual and was like what the &%@# is a flare wrench....after 2 1/2 hrs of using open ended and adjustable wrenches i went up to advance auto and got a set for like 9 bucks, its a wrench that you slide over the nut and holds it on three sides instead of just two. also use anti sieze when you put the new one on.