Emissions...SES light, sorry if Re-post [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Emissions...SES light, sorry if Re-post

Smoke Eater
10-05-2004, 12:52 PM
I took my 2000 Gt in for emissions and they said it failed because it had too many "Not Ready Codes". I had the SES light come on several times since I installed my Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI. I have reset the computer by pulling the fuse from under the hood, but it comes back on. I have done a search on here and researched a little bit, but I am not sure on what to do. The SES code is reading Intake Temperature too high, I think. I know it has to do with the Intake Temp. Any suggestions on how to get the computer completly reset so I can pass emissions. Again, sorry if this is a re-post. Thanks for any help in advance.

Matt

MetaGTP1
10-05-2004, 04:03 PM
I took my 2000 Gt in for emissions and they said it failed because it had too many "Not Ready Codes". I had the SES light come on several times since I installed my Dr. Speed Stage 3 CAI. I have reset the computer by pulling the fuse from under the hood, but it comes back on. I have done a search on here and researched a little bit, but I am not sure on what to do. The SES code is reading Intake Temperature too high, I think. I know it has to do with the Intake Temp. Any suggestions on how to get the computer completly reset so I can pass emissions. Again, sorry if this is a re-post. Thanks for any help in advance.

MattYou can reset the PCM by removing the negative cable from your battery. Leave the cable off for a couple of hours. Reinstall the cable and the codes will be cleared. Where do you have your IAT sensor installed?

gaultma
10-05-2004, 08:12 PM
or you can take it to autozone or advanced and they flash the computer for free. Had my codes pulled and reset in about ten minutes last week, nice and easy. Ive heard the the computer can store the codes still even efter you unplug the battery and/or pull the fuse, dont know if its true or not

cavingman
10-05-2004, 08:46 PM
was it "not ready codes" or readiness codes. Readiness codes not being set will make it so you cant do an emissions test at all. Resetting the PCM and going directly for an emissions test will cause you to fail because there are certain tests the PCM need to go through first. If those tests arent done, it wont pass. There have been instances where i could'nt get readiness codes to set for over 150 miles of driving. Theres no real way to force the self check tests to be done to set the readiness codes either.
real good design if you ask me :rolleyes: