Tranny Flush? - Where? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Tranny Flush? - Where?

SpideyxMan
10-05-2004, 03:05 PM
I just recently hit 30,000 miles and want to get my trans fluid flushed and a new filter put on. Where is a good place to take it that is not going to rape me in price. I did a search and found nothing on a good place to take it. I know it depends on where I live, I am just wondering where some of you have taken your car to get this done that did not have a problem. Thanks

luniz
10-05-2004, 03:35 PM
The dealer is the only place that did it correct for me. The local garage left my tranny with one qt too low. I had to take it in to the dealer when my shifting suffered badly. I only went one day with the low fluid, but it is not something you want to do either.

2002AmSE
10-05-2004, 10:51 PM
I hear Jiffy Lube is horrible for some, yet some say its great, a search on "tranny flush" would probably give you a ton of info on where people did it.

What you need to know, however, is that when a transmission fluid flush takes place, the transmission pan IS NOT REMOVED(meaning no filter change takes place), and the fluid is passed until it is all clean, which at 30k miles will probably still look pretty and red instead of black and charred smelling, because I checked mine at around 30k by adding 1/2 quart of fluid in and drove it around about a week and then pulled the level check plug(using the proper hoist w/engine running process) and inspected the fluid and it looked brand new.

If you want the filter changed just drop the pan and change the filter, at 30,000 miles I wouldn't throw the money in that it takes to flush it somewhere when your fluid most likely still is decently new.

aimers0408
10-06-2004, 08:15 AM
I am almost at 90,000 miles with my GA. It is starting to shift really bad into second. Should I get a tranny flush?