Need Some Help By 5pm 06/10/2004 [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Need Some Help By 5pm 06/10/2004

kevin231
10-05-2004, 09:26 PM
1) When driving my car for a long time and it heats up, the shift from first to second almost feels like the car is pulling back a little. It only happens when the car makes a complete stop and then starts to pick up. Any ideas? I did hear it could be some solenoid in the transmission. I do have extended warranty until 80000km will that cover it.

2) When in park and I turn my wheel very slightly left and right I can hear the same knocking noise I hear when making left turns. Any ideas on what it could be?

3) My back tires "Goodyear RSA" have started to make the same squishing noise the front ones did. Only problem is my front ones were replaced under warranty at 35000km, I am at 63000km. Is this a serious problem should I change the tires, or am I ok to leave them on until I get some cash flow?

4) My front pads are almost worn out. Can anyone recommend me some good set of pads and rotors so I donít have to keep changing the pads every so often?

5) I am at 63000km do I or should I change the transmission fluid, brake fluid or power steering fluid? They are all the original fluids.

Any help on the above questions would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Infernall
10-05-2004, 10:06 PM
1) When driving my car for a long time and it heats up, the shift from first to second almost feels like the car is pulling back a little. It only happens when the car makes a complete stop and then starts to pick up. Any ideas? I did hear it could be some solenoid in the transmission. I do have extended warranty until 80000km will that cover it.

2) When in park and I turn my wheel very slightly left and right I can hear the same knocking noise I hear when making left turns. Any ideas on what it could be?

3) My back tires "Goodyear RSA" have started to make the same squishing noise the front ones did. Only problem is my front ones were replaced under warranty at 35000km, I am at 63000km. Is this a serious problem should I change the tires, or am I ok to leave them on until I get some cash flow?

4) My front pads are almost worn out. Can anyone recommend me some good set of pads and rotors so I donít have to keep changing the pads every so often?

5) I am at 63000km do I or should I change the transmission fluid, brake fluid or power steering fluid? They are all the original fluids.

Any help on the above questions would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

1) If you drive your car hard, it might be time for new transmission fluid. 80,000kms is supposed to be the time to get new transmission fluid, IIRC. You can get the fluid changed at Jiffy Lube for under $50, since we have the sealed transmissions.

2) I had this problem on my previous car. On my old car, a bracket came loose on the exhaust system, and when I turned left, it would always make knocking sounds. I'm sure you don't have the same problem, but you should take a quick look under and make sure everything is stable.

3) I can't give advice about the tires, i've never had that problem.

4) I bought pads and rotors from Midas in May, I'm a hard braker, and my brakes are still in very excellent condition. If you are worried about noise, pay a bit more for the ceramic brake pads. Also, there is a coupon on the Midas website for brakes right now.

5) I would change the transmission fluid if I were you, because of the problems you are having with shifting. Regarding your other fluids, just make sure to top them all off, unless they look real dirty and tainted, then replace as required.

Hope this helps!

AaronGAGT
10-06-2004, 12:06 AM
6/10/04? I sense canadian...