Front underbody plastic... [Archive] - Forum


View Full Version : Front underbody plastic...

10-07-2004, 06:45 AM
I am not exactly sure what this part is called
Its a large piece of plastic that goes from under my front bumper to about an oil pan area. It supposed to cover things located in that area.
What is it called? and where can I get one?

10-07-2004, 04:26 PM
i think its called the air dam. you can get it from the dealership. i got mine from the junk yard for 10 bucks

10-07-2004, 04:35 PM
70$ from the dealer, i wanted it that day /impatient

10-08-2004, 07:43 AM
Wow I would have given someone mine. I cut it in a bow shape because it was blocking the glow of my underbodies. It actually looks pretty good with cut, I'm guessing that it can't be of too much use to where it affects anything underneath.

10-08-2004, 07:50 AM
Unless he's talking about the piece of plastic behind the airdam that you have to remove to change the oil filter. I have no idea what its called, but its held in place with 2 wing nuts.

OT: How many of you completed more than one oil filter change before you realized that piece comes out?!?!?

10-08-2004, 08:25 AM
its actually a radiator support and serves quite a purpose, usually (what happened to mine) is the lip that hangs down breaks off but the horizontal plastic bar remains in place keeping the radiator in place... if you lose that get it replaced asap... the lip down isnt a big deal, mines kinda **** eyed right now, after i lower the car i'll probably be cutting it all off *shrug*

10-08-2004, 10:59 AM
I gotta take a picture of the area where it should be located. I think it is called air dam