Rubbing sound [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rubbing sound

GAGT98
10-08-2004, 06:24 AM
I need some serious help here! I just replaced my front brakes and my wheel bearings, and I'm still getting a rubbing sound from the front end. I hear the sound at low speeds with or without my foot on the brakes. I'm truely lost on this. Is there something that i'm overlooking here? Someone please help me....... :hang:

atc3434
10-08-2004, 07:22 AM
What you've overlooked is that your driving a FWD GM. ;) Seriously though, I've been through turning my rotors w/ new pads, and I still didn't lose my noise in the front. Replaced hub assembly, still noise. New front spring, not that it should have anything to do with it, still noise. I'm really at a loss as to what else it could be as well, although I'm 95% sure mines still in the brakes, its just a rub there somewhere, but its darn annoying.

BTW, how do you like the '01 over the '98?

andrewe77
10-09-2004, 04:35 PM
It's the RS-A tires rubbing on the wheel rim.

GAGT98
10-10-2004, 07:06 AM
What you've overlooked is that your driving a FWD GM. ;) Seriously though, I've been through turning my rotors w/ new pads, and I still didn't lose my noise in the front. Replaced hub assembly, still noise. New front spring, not that it should have anything to do with it, still noise. I'm really at a loss as to what else it could be as well, although I'm 95% sure mines still in the brakes, its just a rub there somewhere, but its darn annoying.

BTW, how do you like the '01 over the '98?

Well that really sucks that I can't fix this problem. Like you said it darn annoying. Truely i think I like the 98 better, not as many problems with it. I'm probably getting rid of the 01 and buying a WRX.

iceman1793
10-10-2004, 07:17 AM
I had that same sound. I replaced the pads and cut the rotors and still the same sound. I found out it was the tires. When the RS-A's wear down they start to make that annoying sound. I replaced all four of my tires, believe me they needed to be changed. After the new ones were installed the sound was gone. If you want to stay with the RS-A's like I did tirerack.com is the cheapest I found. I hope this helps.