Alero/Grand Am similarities [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Alero/Grand Am similarities

carsarecool
10-08-2004, 09:32 AM
hey, i had a couple questions on how close some of the N-bodies really are. I know the GAGT has better "sport" suspension- now i have a 99 SE, the ride quality is **pretty** good, but it doesnt turn, go over bumps or handle quite as well as my moms 99 alero GLS, is it just cause Olds' build quality might be slightly better or do they throw the upgraded GT suspension in there since they're both top of the line models?(her car also has the variable-effort steering, mine doesnt) also, does the 3400 in the alero have the 3.29 axle like the GAGT or 3.05? seems like that car has a lot more punch down low, that due to the 3.4 having more torque or is the tranny different? if i remember right(correct me if im wrong, and ive seen different answers) but the 99+ 2.4 SE(my car) has the 4T40e, 3.05:1. the GAGT has the 4t45e, 3.29:1. alero too or no? i think somebody mightve even said GAGT has a 4t60e. hmm..yeah thats all for now. oh my buddy has a 98 malibu, that car is nice, drives as well as the olds.

Blackrider
10-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Alero power train is pretty much the same as the GASEV6 Comes with the 4T45 with the Final drive of 3.05 The GAGT comes with the 4T45-E (3.29) the GASE V6 had VE Steering same as the GT and alero...

99Alero_Boy
10-08-2004, 12:00 PM
usually the GLS alero models came with "sport suspension package" really not sure what the **** the difference was though....

AznGA
10-08-2004, 06:06 PM
GT suspention isn't anything special. A lot of GT owners like myself went with aftermarket springs and struts. Your car will handle just as good.