RSA Tire life >> [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : RSA Tire life >>

BadGT471
10-10-2004, 01:34 PM
I am at 35k miles on my 02 GAGT. I was wondering what the tread life is on these tires. It appears as if I have a ton of tread left. I don't spin my tired and I don't drive really hard and take corners really fast. How many miles should I expect out of these? Also, when it comes time to getting new ones, should I stay with the RSA's or go with the Cooper Cobra GTZ's? Anyone have any opinions?

Thanks much,
Jeff

Jagey
10-10-2004, 01:58 PM
isn't it like 60 something k miles?

UNCTYPE-S
10-10-2004, 02:42 PM
i would change them as soon as u sign the papers when buying the car. they suck!

but when u replace them do NOT get the rsa's.

scotiez
10-10-2004, 03:09 PM
The RSA's tread life is about 50 to 60 K miles. Thats normal tread wear, so naturally if the person is hard on tires they won't last that long. As for sticking with them when they are worn out is up to you. If you like how they have treated you then go for it, how ever they are an expensive tire. Personally i like how they feel on the road and stuff, I'm also not hard on my tires, but when it comes time for me to get new ones i will probably get something else and save some money. The RSA's are priced at $150.00 to $175.00 apiece.
Hope this helps and good luck

Greed4Speed
10-10-2004, 07:53 PM
We got 65k miles out of them.

What UNC said is true. Even compared to the less expensive lower rated Dunlops we got next, the RSA's sucked. They're noisey and have a bad ride a poor traction.

Gramp's GT
10-10-2004, 08:45 PM
I have 110.000 km's on them right now.....the wear bars are showing so I will not put them back on in the spring however I have another set of RSA's I bought with the chrome tech rims a few years ago so I will be using RSA for another year or two. Maybe I do not have quite 110,000 kms on the tires because I do change over to winters for about 3 months each year so I have at least 90,000kms on them

2002AmSE
10-10-2004, 09:08 PM
In case anyone was wondering, the 15" stock tires(BFGoodrich Touring T/A, NOT RSA) lasted 70k (mostly non-highway in the suburbs) miles on my moms car(she drives like an old granny), we could have probably managed about 5k more after rotating them one last time if the summer was still here but they are going because of old man winter.

Sadly however, just yesterday she had a flat and when I put the spare on and brought her car home I filled the tire and found that the sidewall had a hole in it halfway between the tread and the rim. I could only figure that it was damage from reaming the curb one too many times.

Another note, on my car, the alignment is bad and my tires are being replaced at 40,800 miles

iceman
10-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Wow... I think I got about 40k out of the RSA's, I don't remember exactly because I've swapped rims for 2 summers now. But anyways, mine have no tread left, lots of hard driving and drag racing will do that.

GTLUVA
10-10-2004, 09:36 PM
My right front RSA tire only lasted 14,000 miles thats because it got owned by a 2 by 4 lol

Sleepwalkr
10-10-2004, 10:38 PM
I got about 60k miles out of mine, and I thought they performed just fine. I hear a lot of smack talk about these tires, but just how hard are you boy racers driving these tires anyways? The RSA's are a fine tire.... a little pricey, but they're fine for real life driving. Anyone who says otherwise thinks he's Speedracer. They're not that great in light snow, but otherwise they're on par with everything else in that category.

Jagey
10-10-2004, 10:44 PM
yeah, they hardly make any noise at all when you take corners fast. A bunch of my buddie's cars' tires would squeal at a similar speed. Also, light snow seems to be a horrible death trap for these tires, I agree to that. There was only about a 1/4 inch of snow on my driveway and I couldn't make it up with my GAGT. That was horrible. I think the stock touring tires on my mom's Pontiac Trans Sport minivan have better traction than these all season RSA's in the snow and rain.

SC/TGrandAm
10-10-2004, 10:53 PM
As said above the RSA's are about the worst tire out there, definately dont get them again.

Are they really priced at $150.00 to $175.00 apiece? Anybody who pays that for some 16 inch tires is out of their damn mind, or to even buy them period... I only payed $200 a piece for some badass tires for 18's.

iceman
10-11-2004, 06:41 AM
Are you guys kidding that they hardly make noise?? lol I squeal em every day up ramps around 25 -30 and I'm not even going fast.. On a GA with a modified suspension, they are REAL easy to squeal, the car outhandles the tires by a long shot.. ask cavingman lol Anyways, yeah what sc/t said x 4, there are much better tires for the money.

Slim
10-11-2004, 06:50 AM
Are you guys kidding that they hardly make noise?? lol I squeal em every day up ramps around 25 -30 and I'm not even going fast.. On a GA with a modified suspension, they are REAL easy to squeal, the car outhandles the tires by a long shot.. ask cavingman lol Anyways, yeah what sc/t said x 4, there are much better tires for the money.

I second that. I was able to squeal my RSAs on almost ever offramp I took. It was really easy to put the car into a 4-wheel drift around corners too. It was fun, but not as fun as good tires + H&Rs. :D

Silver02GT
10-11-2004, 08:00 AM
I barely got 40k on my RSA's. Lotsa hard driving...especially after I got my H&R's. The car def. outhandles the tires!

AznGA
10-11-2004, 05:29 PM
I got 60k miles out of RSA's. I drove with them until they looked like slicks. I picked up a set of Falken Ziex 512's and I can see they won't last me that long.

Iceman is right. I have Eibach springs and KYB struts. I make sharp turns all the time because I love the new suspension and the tires squeel all the time.