ticking , maybe lifter [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ticking , maybe lifter

gunner
10-11-2004, 05:32 PM
Ok guys this car is pretty much brand new ive got 8000 miles on it now and just the other day i started it up and it sounds like a lifter , now granted im taking it in for warranty work , but there is no reson why i should be hearing this crap with 8000 miles on it, also it only dose it after it starts warming up , i just had an oil change to see if maybe it was that but it's still there. This car has been in the shop 4 times since june im really starting to get peeod. But if you guys have any better ideas than ive come up with let me no . Thanks Luke

Hodge
10-11-2004, 06:00 PM
with 8 g's on it, sell it. haha just playing. Most GM's have a lifter tick ;/ but definitely take it in while u have the warranty

gunner
10-11-2004, 06:06 PM
trust me if i could sell i would but im baried in it right now i tried to trade it in today for an 02 trans am but i owe to much on this damn thing, im gettting sick of this car all ready , i just hope that the problem isent a lifter and they have to tear this motor apart and i can clam lemon law and get my money back, either that or pray that i total the car and not get hurt in the process.

OneFastGT
10-13-2004, 12:00 AM
with 8 g's on it, sell it. haha just playing. Most GM's have a lifter tick ;/ but definitely take it in while u have the warranty

Very true....my 2001 Silverado had that ticking lifter deal. From the thousands of posts I've read on LS1Tech.com and here, it seems to be the norm. Come to think of it my 99 S10 did it too. I remember taking it in for service under warranty and inquired about it and i got the same response (it's normal). I don't think it'll hurt anything, it's just how the engine runs. If it really bothers you I saw an oil additive at PEP BOYS once that supposedly quiets noisy lifters.....check it out. Welp, good luck. :ec: