Weekend of Hell (For my car) [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Weekend of Hell (For my car)

Infernall
10-12-2004, 10:14 PM
Over the weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving), I had to do a few hours of highway driving. On Sunday night, my car's SES light tripped, and ever since, my car has been in a world of pain.

1. SES Light Trips
2. Acceleration at highway speeds seems to sputter/misfire
3. Burning smell coming through vents/engine bay

My car is a 2001 Grand Am SE2 (95000 Kms).

I had the LIM leak fixed in July, but I am still adding coolant every month. I am worried that coolant is mixing with the oil, causing the burning smell, but oil does not look milky to me.

I have scheduled an appointment for my car to go into the shop, but the earliest it can go is next Monday, when the dealership has a loaner available.

Should I be alright to drive the 2km per day that I normally drive throughout the week?

If anyone can offer any suggestion as to what might be causing this, I would really appreciate it. I would also appreciate any estimate of cost for this car to be fixed. I do have an after market warranty covering powertrain, but it does not cover fun electronics like O2 sensors, and other nifty electronics.

Thanks guys.

:hang:

Infernall
10-19-2004, 10:19 AM
My car is in the shop right now.

Apparently the Fuel filter is completely clogged, and my head gasket is leaking.

I do have an aftermarket warrenty, so my problems will be solved shortly.

For those of you gasping at the thought of me not taking care of the filter, I bought the car just over 10000 KMS ago, at 82900KMS, and was told that the car had all new filters.

Slim
10-19-2004, 10:31 AM
Damn... That's nuts. At least it's getting fixed. Seems TG weekend wasn't too kind to Canadian GAs (mine got broken into).