Driver's side power window won't work [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Driver's side power window won't work

Vintalage
10-14-2004, 01:29 PM
My driver's side power window won't move at all. WTF??? I know the switch works cause when I move the switch to the second detent (auto down), the relay clicks. The window was working just fine last night but now it won't work. This has occured before. Back in March, the same window failed to move. But it started working after 15 mins. I presume this is yet another common problem? :rolleyes:

I am sick of this POS. This freakin car is falling apart. It has proven to be nothing but trouble and it makes me very upset that i'm paying $$$ each month towards the monthly note. This is why I have cancelled all mods and i've put up certain items for sale. I call it the Grand am blowout sale. I'm getting rid of this car. That's my decision. I had planned on keeping it but this car is more of a liability than an assest. Investing more money in this car would not be wise. I am done.

Certain items I have yet to list in my signature. I will list them later on. They are: DRL kit, Reverse glow gauges (revised version), and intelliglow kit. The DRL kit will definately go up for sale. Gauges and intelliglow kit i'm undecided on at this point. They will go up for sale at some point though.

You shall see my name in the For Sale section real soon.

iceman
10-14-2004, 01:45 PM
You should know by now the windows are a somewhat common problem.. As for the rest I never knew you were dissatisfied with your grand am?? lol :violin Don't you have a warranty?

Vintalage
10-14-2004, 01:54 PM
I do have a warranty. I'm on my extended warranty. But that's not the problem. It's an inconvience to me each time I have to take my car to the dealership and leave it. It takes them usually more than a day just to fix whatever the problem is. Every month since i've owned this car, a new problem pops up. It has grown tiresome. I don't feel satisfied at all. I let some things slide under the first few months of ownership, but at some point, I realized this is terrible. It's rediculous. Simply unacceptable.

mr_eh
10-14-2004, 01:57 PM
at least your window didnt stop working in a terrential down pour :) driver side decided not to go up when it started raining...

300$
do it yourself is much cheaper, i recommended learning how to repair the ga yourself cause... this stuff happens a crapload =P

iceman
10-14-2004, 01:59 PM
What broke every month?? I gotta hear this

Vintalage
10-14-2004, 02:35 PM
Lets see if I can remember. Bought the car last year March. That same month, the turn signal stalk had some issue that made the relay continuously click and the front left tire was making a swoosh sound. Can't remember what happened in May. June, my tires had to be replaced due to tires leaking air. July, something happened and had to get fixed. I can't remember all what needed fixed each month but i'll list them.

Fixed swoosh sound from tires, Replaced tires, turn signal coulmn needed replacment, power steering was leaking and I was told it was serious, battery failed, window molding had to get fixed since it was scratching the windows, seat clip broke which made the right small seat loose, rear speaker replaced since the tweeter was dislodged from it's post and bounced on the woofer, exhaust slant fixed (didn't last long), brakes have warped prematurely, shocks replaced, and now windows. There are a few more things but I can't remember what they are. I have saved some of my receipts for the repairs. Now just span each problem through the months.

iceman
10-14-2004, 02:42 PM
And this was a new car?? How many miles on it?? I'm not sayin cars are perfect, especially in the price range of a GA, but if it was that much of a problem you should have ditched it a long time ago instead of sittin around whining on the internet about it.

Vintalage
10-14-2004, 02:52 PM
No, used with 24k miles on it in what looked to be very good condition. No accidents at all. All problems that i've noticed others have had as well. I've owned it for one year. How the hell could I have ditched it when the resale is TERRIBLE???

iceman
10-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Guess you learned a valuable lesson, never buy a used car lol .. imo it's hit or miss.

Vintalage
10-14-2004, 04:25 PM
No, i'd never buy a grand am new. My alero had the very similar issues. It doesn't matter if it's new or used.

iceman
10-14-2004, 04:59 PM
Your alero had problems and you still got a GA???? If it has terrible resale and you had a bad experience, why buy another one? j/w .

Vintalage
10-14-2004, 09:31 PM
Yes, I did. I wanted to give GM another chance. I figured that GM would have ironed out at least most of the issues. My plan was keeping the car so I didn't worry about the resale. But the car has managed to change my mind. Now I really know that this was a bad decision on my part. I was wrong. Big mistake. It has cost me. I was told countless times by various people not to get a Pontiac. I should have listened.

What I should have done at the time was test drive other manufacturer's offerings other than GM. Forget the other 2 domestics, I should have test driven an Accord, Altima, Camry, Civic, Corolla, Sentra, etc. I did not. Oh well, time to correct my mistake.

By the way, my window is working again. Came out of work...tried it....movement.

Also want to indicate that the only Pontiac I would purchase would be the GTO. Only car in Pontiac's lineup with the best quality.