Slight Acc. burst??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Slight Acc. burst???

psychoticpnut
10-14-2004, 04:58 PM
This is my first GA and all, and i have not had an experiance in any of my other cars similair to this, so i am curios if this is normal...

Its an 04 with about 1500 miles on it, about a month and a half old

while crawling forward at a stop light or pulling into my driveway(its about an acre long and i basically idle all the down it), i will get a little burst of acc. (very minimal) about 200 rpms. This happens when the car is in first and is at idle while im moving. Its not enough to really jerk the car forward or anything, and it only lasts a second. It does not always happen.
If its normal i have no problem with that, but im not sure if this is normal...

Also on another note, when i apply the break, my headlights will dim ever so slightly along with my instrament panel and such. Dealer told me that everything checked out ok and was within GM guidelines... Im just not used to breaks doing that to headlights... not like im running a full AC and Bumpin' some sound when it happens, just normal driving... guess im going to have to get out my old multi-meter

Thanks for any replies

-Pnut

brdrxtreme
10-15-2004, 12:32 PM
I have a 2004 se1 with the 3.4 in it and i get both your symptoms in my ride, i also took mine to the dealer and they said the same thing.

psychoticpnut
10-15-2004, 01:14 PM
well im glad that someone else is getting similar results. Im still not sure if this is normal or just us... I guess hopefully a few more responses that this happens to them also or someone saying that they do not have these issues

material_wishes
10-18-2004, 07:46 PM
i have experienced the small speed bursts in my 03 SE

psychoticpnut
10-18-2004, 10:56 PM
anyone thats had the little speed burst issue have a fix for it?

WhiPontiac
10-19-2004, 06:29 AM
Also on another note, when i apply the break, my headlights will dim ever so slightly along with my instrament panel and such. Dealer told me that everything checked out ok and was within GM guidelines... Im just not used to breaks doing that to headlights... not like im running a full AC and Bumpin' some sound when it happens, just normal driving... guess im going to have to get out my old multi-meter

-Pnut
This happened to me before. Turns out my battery connections were loose. I tightened them up and it doesn't happen anymore. Might want to try that and see what happens.

psychoticpnut
10-19-2004, 07:37 AM
This happened to me before. Turns out my battery connections were loose. I tightened them up and it doesn't happen anymore. Might want to try that and see what happens.

Thanks for the advice, that was the first thing i did. At first, the stereo was loosing memory when i started the car, tightening the battery terminals fixed that, but i still get the dimming now.