Struts...for once not! [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Struts...for once not!

morroccoz
10-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Well I went through the same aggrivation everyone else has on my 01GT, and had the mounts replaced. Guess what, noise is comming from the area of the steering rack on both sides when you move the wheel back and forth. It is so tight in there that I can't tell exactly where. The noise is similar to that of a strut knock.

I was told that there is some kind of kit that you can install int he steering of a GT to straighten it out. They did it to my Avalanche. It was a remedy to one of GM's Friday afternoon designs. I just wondered if anyone has dealt with one of these kits, or has had a similar noise when working the steering back and forth at a stop.

PS> I have got to get it fixed, after the first few times of blowing the doors off of these bun boys owning Hondas with bumble bee mufflers, I have to make sure I whip in front of them so they see the memorable PONTIAC............fading away.

atc3434
10-18-2004, 11:16 PM
I have that slight knock noise in my steering. Everything tight on the front end, so it must be in the rack or farther up in the steering... been that way for 80k miles now without a problem.