Snap or Cracking on head unit?????? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Snap or Cracking on head unit??????

TCP1984
10-19-2004, 02:13 AM
i shut the volume of the head unit to 0 it makes a crack or bang/snap noise what is it? And how do I fix it? It also makes that noise when i turn an equalizer off (ex. the LOUD, NOFAD, and the Radio) it is a 3500 pioneer head unit and a 4 channel 400 watt jensen amplifier.

71Z28RS
10-19-2004, 08:14 AM
The noise is probably coming from your amp when it shuts off. I had that happen to me a number of years ago, and it was a combination of a couple of things.

1. Not to criticize, but the Jensen amp is kind of a lower quality amp, so that doesn't help. That was my problem too when that happened to me. Most of the higher line amps have internal soft starts and soft stops to prevent any unwanted noise.

2. Make sure that the signals going to your amp from your stereo are the low voltage pre-amp output wires, and not the full power speaker wire outputs.

I'm not a expert, so there could be other things you can do to help. Maybe swing by a car stereo shop and explain it to them. There might be a filter of some sort that can be spliced in line with the amp to clean things up a bit.

Hope this helps.

TCP1984
10-22-2004, 04:13 PM
Thanks I never thought of the voltage wire idea

2003GaGt1
10-22-2004, 04:25 PM
like 71Z28RS said, it could be a lot of things. Id check your ground too and make sure your power wire isnt running along with your signal cables.

material_wishes
10-22-2004, 09:39 PM
hmm..maybe your wires are mixed up somewhere and there is interference?

TCP1984
10-24-2004, 01:59 AM
I checked the ground and re-grounded it and that is fine. I have also bought new rca's as well and they are fine. I am goin to to check the remote wire. Then is that doesn't work, well it has to be an internal amplifier problem. thanks guys!