Security light question??? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Security light question???

01redgt1
10-20-2004, 06:03 PM
Just wondering if anyone in here has taken their car to the dealership due to the security light that comes on and then you have to sit in your car for 15 min with the key on the on position. Well did it get fixed, was it covered under warranty? If not how much did you end up paying?

Well i have a 01gagt1 and i have the same problem but not sure if my extended warranty is going to cover it.

blckgrndam99
10-20-2004, 06:16 PM
i had that problem for like 3 weeks. my car wouldnt start for 10 minutes then it would on the first try. Randomly one day it stopped and hiasnt happened in like 4 months so idk. i was relieved though to say the least

rizer
10-20-2004, 07:42 PM
lol, happened today, made me late for work.
Hopped in, did the usual sound that almost sounds like its gonna start, then goes back to just not turning over.

Sat there with the key in the ON spot for exactly 16 minutes and stared at the light flash.
God it made me so annoyed of this freaken car.

Any way to avoid it in the future?
I was in a hurry to go so i kinda opened the door quick and had the key turned before the door was even shut.

GT_Spyder
10-21-2004, 06:30 AM
Same here, but my only happens when i try to start up the car with the remote control. I think it has something to do with the alarm system because when i lock the doors and hold on to the lock button it double beeps and next time i try to start up the car it won't start up until the security light goes away. but if i don't mess around with the control then it's all good. :boogie: anyone knows why this happens?

my04se1
10-21-2004, 11:30 AM
This happened to me last week and I called roadside and they towed it to the dealer. All they did was a 10 min theft relearn. There was 2 codes stored, but they belive the remote start had something to do with it. My serv writer said next time it happens, I have to remove the remote start for further diagnosis or just do a relearn.

Blackrider
10-21-2004, 11:49 AM
Its the passlock 2 overide

action
10-22-2004, 06:18 AM
It's the packin remote starter!!! I ended up hauling the one out of my '00 sierra, it caused more trouble than it was worth. And you know what?? I dont even miss it, I certainly dont miss the security tripping and leaving me stranded there for 10-15 mins!!!

Brken123
10-24-2004, 07:21 PM
*repost* Same forum, only on first page of list of threads.....there's already a thread on this. Look there........