Foglight - DRL question..... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Foglight - DRL question.....

fordcsvt
10-21-2004, 02:16 AM
Does anyone know how to rewire the car so that the fogs turn on with the DRL system, instead of the headlights? This is what I want to do.....I would like the parking lights and fogs to come on with the DRLs and the headlights come on automatically when it is dark. Any ideas, or anyone have access to a wiring diagram? Thanks.

tenspeed
10-21-2004, 07:05 AM
Does anyone know how to rewire the car so that the fogs turn on with the DRL system, instead of the headlights? This is what I want to do.....I would like the parking lights and fogs to come on with the DRLs and the headlights come on automatically when it is dark. Any ideas, or anyone have access to a wiring diagram? Thanks.

Rewiring the lights to make them do what you listed would be very difficult. You can get the parking lights and fogs to come on if you turn the light switch to the parking light position. The headlights will not come on automatically, however.

Since the DRL and automatic headlight functions use the same wiring, you would have to redirect the power to the fog lights during the day and to the headlights at night.