Airbag Light [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Airbag Light

nei00755
10-24-2004, 09:08 PM
Well I just got done installing the Viper 791XV remote start/alarm/keyless in a friends 2000 Grand Am GT. I am not new to the installing, I have done many before and have had no problems with it. Now the Airbag light came on just about immediately the next day after the completion of the install. I took his car and disconnected the battery for 4 hours, no luck, I tried taking the battery out and holding the terminals together to drain all caps and other power holding devices, I have done that in the past for SES lights. Now I hooked up a Snap On scanner to it. The scanner does Engine, ABS, Airbags, and Tranny diagnostics. Everything connected but the airbags. It told me no communication with the module. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Also does anyone know where all the airbag parts are for the 2000 Grand Am?? Where all the modules are located, wires to look for, ETC. Any help would be great, I am at a brick wall here especially when my scanner doesn't even communicate with the module, its weird. Thanks Jeff

AleroME
10-25-2004, 04:03 AM
the air bag computer module is located under the passenger seat under the carpet. Maybe that got wet or something shorted out that box.

nei00755
10-25-2004, 06:14 AM
It just seems weird that it would happen right after I got done with this install. I know I didn't tap into any airbag wires but something had to have gotten bumped or something.

nei00755
10-25-2004, 07:53 PM
Well I double-checked all the wires and they all seem like the right wires. I wasn't even close to the airbag wires. Is it possible / common for an airbag module to go bad?? Is there possibly a recall on the bag module??