Rain is bad [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Rain is bad

psychoticpnut
10-26-2004, 01:36 PM
In all of my wisdom, i left my sunroof open on vent. Well last night it Rained, just under 3 inches (if my rain meter is accurate).
Well this morning, I feel very lucky as i was only able to find a single drop that actually mad it into the car. The sunroof cover collected a little bit of water on it, but that was easy to clean up.

After i pop'd out the cover and had a better view, there was water in all of the little lips around the sun roof, not alot since most of it drained out... Those are little drain holes near the front on each side right???

Well my questions are:

1. Are those drain holes???

2. Should i be worried of water damage from the rain water going somewhere, or are those drain holes enough so the water wouldnt build up and go where it shouldnt.

Thanks,
Pnut

juanvan
10-31-2004, 01:13 AM
Yes the 2 holes in the front are drain holes...
I don't think there are ne in the back...

Umm I would think into the head liner unless it drained in the holes in the front. Some ppl have complained of water in the dome light before.

If no smell or water signs I would take that as a good sign and this as a lesson before you leave it totaly open to find 3 inches in the cup holder.

rizer
10-31-2004, 11:59 AM
heh, i did that once. After all was done, 3 inches of water was resting on the floorboard :(

Took carpet and all out but theres still a dead animal hiding somewhere ;)

psychoticpnut
11-01-2004, 03:50 PM
thanks guys, from what i can tell i was very lucky, no damage =]