part number [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : part number

kong
10-28-2004, 09:31 AM
while painting my interior, i took out the cigerette lighter and later when i went to but it back in i had to pound it in. now the cigerette lighter is not working so does anyone konw what the part number for the cigerette lighter for a 99 ga gt is? and does autozone or someone carry that it instead of the dealership?

luniz
10-28-2004, 09:34 AM
Man I could send you one. I have a few laying around.

2003GaGt1
10-28-2004, 09:37 AM
Are you looking for the cigarette lighter itself or the whole assembly, because i have an extra cigarette lighter now if thats all you need.

kong
10-28-2004, 09:48 AM
well, i'm not sure. when i was trying to stick the lighter back in the console, i put a screw driver down the lighter and hit it into place, so i really don't know if i need the whole assembly or just the lighter. i just know it doesn't work. is there any way i can diagnos it?

luniz
10-28-2004, 09:54 AM
does a radar detector work? If a radar detector works, then my guess would be the cigarette lighter is shot.

GTLUVA
10-28-2004, 11:02 AM
My cigratte lighter wouldn't work in my car a couple of weeks ago so I went to the local gm dealership they checked the fuses on my left and right side and nothing. Came back the next day because all the mechanics were gone for the day and my 20 amp fuse inside the fuse box in the engine was blown so make sure you check that fuse because I just thought my my cigratte outlet was broke but I blew the fuse out :)

kong
11-05-2004, 01:05 PM
i don't think its the fuse, cuz i stuck a screwdriver in there to jam it back in place. hey luniz, your offer still good for the cigerette ligther? i think i might need one. let me know.

luniz
11-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Sure I can send you one. Just give me your address and I will put one in an envelope and send it to you.

kong
11-05-2004, 01:09 PM
ok, i'll pm you with my info. thanks a lot!