Car Dead Weird Symptons [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Car Dead Weird Symptons


H.O. Driver
10-28-2004, 02:15 PM
Went out to start the car, used the keyless entry to get in. Put the key in, it dings like normal, turn to start and the car is dead. Now for the kicker, the engine bay has power, fuse box, battary etc... all has 12+ volts. The cabin does not, no lights, radio, not even the ODB II port. What gives? Didn't do any wiring in it this past weekend, had the negative battery terminal disconnected for a few hours tis all.

Any help?

Blackrider
10-28-2004, 02:42 PM
Went out to start the car, used the keyless entry to get in. Put the key in, it dings like normal, turn to start and the car is dead. Now for the kicker, the engine bay has power, fuse box, battary etc... all has 12+ volts. The cabin does not, no lights, radio, not even the ODB II port. What gives? Didn't do any wiring in it this past weekend, had the negative battery terminal disconnected for a few hours tis all.

Any help?
BCM???

Thats messed. Good luck dood

H.O. Driver
10-28-2004, 03:00 PM
BCM???

Thats messed. Good luck dood
I don't think its the BCM, has to be something like a wire going into to power the inside of the car, it did the same thing earlier, but once I turned the key again it fired right up.

EBlend
10-28-2004, 03:33 PM
welcome to my world...i never knew this myself until it happened..ur battery may have the right voltage like mine did....but its probably toast!
car would always run fine if i boost it...then once i turn it off...not even a click...so i thought it wasn't charging or something..so i took the batter out..took it in to a store..they put it into a computerized battery charger/tester...and sure enough..like 1min later the display read "BAD BATTERY CELL" so yah...the cell went bad in the factory ac delco batttery and had to buy a new battery...since then haven't had a single problem..been 6 month now since the insident..and my delco battery still read 14 volts when i let her go...it just didn' thave enough amps to power a car...prolly enough to run an led for a while though hehe

most likely same deal with yours...because the voltage doesn't mean much really...its all in the amps..kinda like a 9 volt battery u can buy to power toys and such....ur car uses a 12 volt battery...only 3 volt difference..but the amps in ur car battery are hella big!

H.O. Driver
10-28-2004, 04:03 PM
welcome to my world...i never knew this myself until it happened..ur battery may have the right voltage like mine did....but its probably toast!
car would always run fine if i boost it...then once i turn it off...not even a click...so i thought it wasn't charging or something..so i took the batter out..took it in to a store..they put it into a computerized battery charger/tester...and sure enough..like 1min later the display read "BAD BATTERY CELL" so yah...the cell went bad in the factory ac delco batttery and had to buy a new battery...since then haven't had a single problem..been 6 month now since the insident..and my delco battery still read 14 volts when i let her go...it just didn' thave enough amps to power a car...prolly enough to run an led for a while though hehe

most likely same deal with yours...because the voltage doesn't mean much really...its all in the amps..kinda like a 9 volt battery u can buy to power toys and such....ur car uses a 12 volt battery...only 3 volt difference..but the amps in ur car battery are hella big!
My AC Delco battary took a dump a while ago, and this battary is only 1 yr old, it could be the battary but I really doubt it.

EBlend
10-28-2004, 04:09 PM
does ur car start from boost? and keeps running after u disconnect ur battery? if it does then ur battery is toast

H.O. Driver
10-28-2004, 04:16 PM
does ur car start from boost? and keeps running after u disconnect ur battery? if it does then ur battery is toast
it won't start with a boost, everything in the cabin has no power, PCM/BCM, IP, etc.. Everything under the hood has 12+ volts, but nothing in the cabin does.

cavingman
10-28-2004, 04:26 PM
ya check the fuse box? those little bolts that hold it down come loose sometimes. when tyhey loosen up nothing is connected in there. past that i got no idea

H.O. Driver
10-28-2004, 06:40 PM
It runs, it was in the fuse box, the board running to the fuses was corroated where it attaches to the main power wire, cleaned it up and its now running so all appears to be well.

abusedgt97
10-28-2004, 06:50 PM
Think you could put some dielectric grease on the back of that fuse box?

H.O. Driver
10-28-2004, 08:46 PM
Think you could put some dielectric grease on the back of that fuse box?
I put some of that on the wire/terminal to the engine bay fuse box.