Quick question... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Quick question...

rizer
10-29-2004, 12:49 AM
I know its asked alot but i just wanna get a quick opinion, couldnt find a convincing answer.

Im having the usual hub bearing problem. Just usually im seeing everyone saying there ABS/trac off lights come on at same time AND the SVS light.
On mine only the ABS and Trac off light both come on, never had the svs yet.
Yet also when im taking off after hitting the gas, the low trac light comes on and it cuts the power to the wheel for a second.

Theres no constant sound from the front end when turning or going straight. But When i go to turn left or right theres like a quick click and it feels like theres a slight space between when it actually turns the wheel. Nothing big, just i can barely wiggle the wheel left or right and hear it clicking. (like a hitting sound) That seems normal though.

So with all that, it has to be some sensor gone bad in a hub and theres no way to telling if its the front left or right, is there? Just wanna avoid the 50 dollar charge at the dealer to see what sensor bad if it is one

pico
10-29-2004, 04:58 PM
I wish I could say that I have an answer to your question...but I don't.

What I can say, is that your GAGT is hardcore!

Nice pics, and movies.

CyberRad
10-29-2004, 05:08 PM
I don't remember the actual specs but I know that you can hook up an ohms meter and read the ohms from the speed sensor and that will tell you which one is bad. Go to a midas or something and ask them to print out the wheel hub testing procedures or you can go to a web site that is floating around that actually has the GM CDs on it. I don't remember the URL though.

Intuit57
10-31-2004, 06:44 AM
hi, I had that problem, low trac hyper sensitive and then soon the low trac and asb light came on & stayed on. It was under extended warranty so even though it said it was a problem in my left sensor I had both hubs replaced..BUT... the lights remained on after that $800 Canadian job! The shop had no clue what to do so I took it to the dealer. They found loose wires somewhere and fixed that...now, all is well. So, my point is, it might just be loose wires and not the hubs at all! Hope this is the case for you!