sweet thing i learned in school today GA related [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : sweet thing i learned in school today GA related

blckgrndam99
10-29-2004, 03:20 PM
ok well im prolly leasing an 04 GAGT but i was worried about going over the aloud miles. any ways i was talkin to this girl who has a leased grand am. She has a switch down under the stearing wheel that turns her dash on and off. While its on it counts miles and all. but when its off, her odometer doesnt move. Also, when she switches from on to off, her fuel reading goes right to the correct level, not at the last point is was when she turned the dash off. Im goin to her house tomarrow to see how its done. shes not the first person in my school with that done to a GA but shes the first to let me see how to do it :whistle:

What trouble can i get into if this is noticed (ill obviously take it out for dealer visits and turn on the dash if i ever get pulled over)

Is there anyway this can be traced back after i get rid of the car?

Any one have this done?

well if you want to know how to do it, leave me a PM cause i dont think its a process i should post on the main board. Ill probably let you know tomarrow how to do it

AaronGAGT
10-29-2004, 03:47 PM
you can IM me on Aol and tell me all about it. Its super illegal though.....

Malaclypse
10-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Its a felony. I've caught someone doing this before because I had to pull the cluster for a repair. Basically it voided his warranty.. not sure if the truck got crushed or what..

abusedgt97
10-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Don't be a ****, pay the price prick.

02andahalfgt
10-29-2004, 05:30 PM
Don't be a ****, pay the price prick.

Fraud is a major felony, not something to mess around with. If you can't afford it, then don't lease, period. Hell it's a Grand Am anyway, hardly worth breaking the law over.

This thread should probably be deleted...

Azrael
10-29-2004, 06:40 PM
Isn't the milage on the 99+ GAs stored in 2 places?

pico
10-29-2004, 06:52 PM
They can pull the record of it if work is needed on the car.
It's illegal, so I wouldn't do it if I were you.
If you drive the miles, pay the price...or just try getting an actual loan (finance) for the car so you won't have to worry about the paying for extra miles over the contract.

Molson
10-29-2004, 07:58 PM
If you can't afford it, you can't afford it.

Leasing is good, in certain applications, obviously not yours. You are 16, lots of time to buy a new car.