Hood change possible? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Hood change possible?

morroccoz
11-01-2004, 09:43 PM
I have an 01 GT. I like the hell out of the hoods that have the dual air scoops on them. Was this an option on mine? I am just wondering if I can find one from another GT that was hit in the ass, and if it will fit the same as my boring old hood.

Lord knows with the 14million red GTs out there like mine, I shoud be able to find one and not have to paint it.

2003GaGt1
11-01-2004, 10:00 PM
Its should fit, goodluck finding on though, ive searched about everyplace in the midwest for one in any color and cant find anything.

GrahamKracka
11-01-2004, 10:26 PM
its called the SC/T hood...i have one but its not for sale....yes it was an option

if you have the cash look on

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Store_Code=PFYC&Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=GAEXT

AznGA
11-01-2004, 10:38 PM
The one carried by PFYC is not the real OEM GM SC/T hood. It looks like though. It became a factory option in the middle of 02 model year. From a dealer, this real hood costs about $900 unpainted.

tenspeed
11-02-2004, 12:33 PM
There's a growing amount of hood choices. Do a search and start saving info on the types you like.

Painted hoods do pop up. There was a red SC/T hood recently for sale in NY. It was also on ebay.