need some help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : need some help

Vimjah
11-02-2004, 08:48 PM
about a month ago, someone backed into me and took off, leaving the front pass fender slightly dented in and pushed back towards the door so that the pass door wouldn't open properly..... this past week I had the car @ a shop to get some work done and sfter they took it down off the hoist the drivers fender shifted and now the door doesn't open more then 1/2 way.... now what I'm wondering is if there's any way this could be related to the 1st incident and what could have caused it? the only theory I have is that once they took my strut tower brace off and lifted the car the front end shifted..... anyone else have any ideas?

abusedgt97
11-02-2004, 10:38 PM
I would doubt the front end would shift, maybe they had to bend or move the fender to remove the strut depending on the severity of the damage. Try to unbolt and realign the fender. If all else fails ask them about it.

Vimjah
11-02-2004, 10:44 PM
they didn't take the strut off.. the work I had done was for my LIM gasket.... they just took off the brace.. ya know the bar that goes across the engine bay..... anyways.. the new damage is on the opposite side of the car as the initial (which I still have an outstanding insurance claim on) hence why I'm kind of wondering

action
11-03-2004, 11:12 AM
No, if its on the other side of the car then the STB would not play a role. There's no stress on the STB until your cornering hard.

They must have dropped the car, put the lift in the wron place or something like that. have them get the car fixed.

Vimjah
11-03-2004, 06:09 PM
yeah.. i just pulled the car inside and took a look... the drivers side rocker lip is all bent in.. looks like they didn't lift it properly :(

videoman
11-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Sorry to hear that dude... I would talk to them about it.

Hope it all works out.