View Full Version : Monsoon Radio
11-03-2004, 01:50 PM
I had a look around the forum but did not find any answers for my question. So here goes:
I had to change my monsoon head unit with one that I found on ebay and I wanted to know how to recalibrate the system, I know that their is some kind of ritual to do with the car remote , I think you have to press on 2 buttons for 15 second. Does anybody know the correct way to do this
You have to take it to the dealership.
The radio is matched to the VIN. They have to program your VIN into the radio.
11-03-2004, 02:58 PM
I don't know if this works. I copied it off a furum into a word file.
01. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
02. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
03. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. Donít take forever, fifteen seconds max before the next step.
04. Press the AM/FM button
05. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
06. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are from STEP 05
07. Call 1 800 537 5140
08. Press 1 then #. Youíll hear Invalid Code, try again
09. Press 139010 then #. You will be asked to enter your four or six digit code followed by *
10. Enter the number from STEP 6 then *
11. Listen to the four-digit number and write it down. It will be repeated twice
12. Turn the ignition ON (The radio displays LOC)
13. Use the MN and HR buttons to enter the code from STEP 11
14. Press the AM/FM button. The radio display changes to SEC
Your radio is now un-locked and usable
Let us know if it works.
11-04-2004, 10:29 AM
Those instructions are for the old (pre-2001) radios.... The radio now pick up the VIN number off of the Class 2 Data Bus. A Tech 2 is required.....
11-04-2004, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the steps, I will test it out.
The only thing is that the radio does not display "LOC" the radio works just fine but it always displays "calibrate".
I did try holding the unlock button and the trunk button on the remote and I can hear a noise in the speakers after 15 second then when I start the car it displays "MONSOON" on the system instead of the "calibrate" but it does not stay.
When I use the remote again the radio displays "calibrate".
Their must be a catch to this :iconfused
12-18-2004, 12:49 AM
Yeah I just got a new Head Unit off of ebay. I get the same thing, from what I understand the new HU doesnt have the Vehicles ID code programed into it, so it displays calibrate until this code it set. To set this code you have to goto a dealer and have them do it. The HU still works , but it will display the calibrate everytime its turned on and you dont have the theftlock to protect it.
vBulletin® v3.7.2, Copyright ©2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.