VIN info... [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : VIN info...

pico
11-06-2004, 09:38 PM
I've been reading through the forums about LIM problems, and it has me pretty concerned now.
In the last 2 weeks I have replaced the alternator, water pump, and engine belt...not to mention numerous coolant caps (b/c I'm retarded and can never take it off without breaking it).
I have an extended warranty on my 99 GAGT, but thats only good until around 62-63K miles. I now have 42K.

Is there any way for me to find out if the LIM was changed before I purchased the vehicle? If so, how?
I don't know of any good free websites to use to run my VIN...and is it possible to find out what has been fixed/replaced by running the VIN?

I would just like to know if my LIM has been replaced for peace of mind sort-of-speak.

Thanx.

Dan00GPGT
11-06-2004, 09:45 PM
I don't know if your dealership would do it for you but they can run a VIN history report that will list EVERY warranty repair on the car prior to you owning it.

pico
11-06-2004, 09:54 PM
I don't know if your dealership would do it for you but they can run a VIN history report that will list EVERY warranty repair on the car prior to you owning it.

Now would that be the dealership that I literally purchased it from? Or just any Pontiac dealership?
I know the one that I purchased it from isn't one of those big-time dealerships.
But then again one shouldn't judge the book by it's cover.

I know that I'm gonna worry myself sick over this until I find out now.

Malaclypse
11-07-2004, 12:42 AM
Any GM dealership can do this for you.