a pillar guage mount [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : a pillar guage mount

BiHStL
11-07-2004, 07:54 PM
i am thinking about this from pfyc.com my car is a gt1 with the darker interior, so which one would i want (color wise) please post some pics i wanna see what they look like , and what guages did you use???

fraws
11-07-2004, 08:03 PM
If this is for a Grand Am, you would go by your interior color. If your interior color is gray, get the graphite. If your interior color is tan, get the Taupe.

Fraws wrote:

I need help and finding out what color matches the a-piller that you offer? Whats the difference between Taupe vs Pewter? As soon as I know this I can buy from you.. Thanks

BiHStL
11-07-2004, 08:07 PM
What guages would you all reccomend to look like the stock guage cluster (or close to stock) i want them to light up red also like stock. Im thiking of doing a a/f ratio guage, but i am not sure of what other one i would want. This is more for looks, then anything else for me so i have nothing special to measure.

I have searched this site and i found a link to some german company the makes guages. the site i found was http://www.egauges.com/vdo_grou.asp?Series=Vision, but the site was a little confusing!

ohh ,does hard wiring something void a warranty? ( iknow its s stupid question, i just heard it did somewhere and just was cusious)

fraws
11-13-2004, 07:54 AM
:ec:
Sir:
You will not require a special O2 sensor for your Grand Am. The amp
meter measures the main power feed to your amplifier.

Thanks, Bob
Technical Support

-----Original Message-----
From: Ryan Davenport [mailto:ryan_davenport@autometer.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 11:19 AM
To: Bob Engel
Subject: Re: Sales Question

fraws@msn.com wrote:

> Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
> (fraws@msn.com) on Saturday, November 6, 2004 at 15:49:32
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------
---
>
> question: Current owner of a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am GT. I want to
purchase the air/fuel gauge and was wonder if I will need the adapter?
Also interested in the amp measuring meter and was wondering if that is
in line of the amp or amps?
>
> submit: Submit Query
:hang:

xxbackhillxx
11-13-2004, 08:20 AM
This is more for looks, then anything else for me so i have nothing special to measure.
r i c e anyone?
sorry bro but if you want to get gauges, get them because you need them, not to make your car look faster/better/cooler.

BiHStL
11-14-2004, 12:24 AM
r i c e anyone?
sorry bro but if you want to get gauges, get them because you need them, not to make your car look faster/better/cooler.

Thats true, but everyone has their own opinion on stuff, i say if you like it, get it!!!

2002GT
11-14-2004, 12:28 AM
what use does your shaved door handels have? aerodynamics? no it looks good

guages look good... i have em but i dont care a/b my a/f, oil temp, or volt

BiHStL
11-14-2004, 12:31 AM

exactly, whatever floats your boat lol

xxbackhillxx
11-14-2004, 05:13 AM

shaved door handles have nothing to do with performance. gauges, even though they don't give more horsepower, fall under performance because they are used to monitor the vehicle's perfomance, or other aspects of the vehicle. need and want are two different things. bihstl's car is nearly stock performance wise and he doesn't really have the need for gauges, he just wants them.

SC/TGrandAm
11-14-2004, 05:44 AM
Oil pressure you cant tell me you have to have a highly modified roadster to possess a gauge like that. Considering stock cars have such gauges i find hard to believe.

Volt meter is a ditto of the above.

A/F - nobody really needs modded or not becuase they arent accurate anyhow. If you have nitrous they are helpful. Yes i have an A/F gauge, no i dont need it, yes its annoying. Is my car **** now? i really dont care.

fraws
11-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Reason: :clueless:

I need a volt meter & amp meter for my system. I have two amps one is a Audiobahn 2300HCT which is 2400 watts, and a Kenwood for mids, highs which 760 watts or so.. I wanted to measure my volts to keep a eye when I have the system playing loud, the amp meter will serve the same purpose. Also looks do play a very nice touch as well... Since I was already installing two, I figured for a visual effect the a/f would just add a bit of class. Those who are opposing the meters is it because you feel they add no purpose or are peoples tastes just slightly different. Those who oppose I bet if I saw your car as well there are things you may have done in which I wouldn't but thats what makes us GREAT. Enjoy I may get bashed on this post but .... what the hell its only my thoughts...

ROCK ON..! I'll post before and after picks just for HA HA.. "Case Dismissed" lol

CruzinGT33
11-14-2004, 09:14 AM
Gauges would look nice... When you going to put an exhaust on that think man?

BiHStL
11-14-2004, 12:02 PM
Gauges would look nice... When you going to put an exhaust on that think man?

Soon enough man lol, the intake is on the way this week though!!! :thumbs:

BiHStL
11-14-2004, 12:04 PM
Reason: :clueless:

I need a volt meter & amp meter for my system. I have two amps one is a Audiobahn 2300HCT which is 2400 watts, and a Kenwood for mids, highs which 760 watts or so.. I wanted to measure my volts to keep a eye when I have the system playing loud, the amp meter will serve the same purpose. Also looks do play a very nice touch as well... Since I was already installing two, I figured for a visual effect the a/f would just add a bit of class. Those who are opposing the meters is it because you feel they add no purpose or are peoples tastes just slightly different. Those who oppose I bet if I saw your car as well there are things you may have done in which I wouldn't but thats what makes us GREAT. Enjoy I may get bashed on this post but .... what the hell its only my thoughts...

ROCK ON..! I'll post before and after picks just for HA HA.. "Case Dismissed" lol

post pics if you get them on before i do, i have the pod and the a/f ratio meter sitting in the garage, im just waiting for my voltometer to come in any day and then i will hook it all up