Optima Battery [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Optima Battery

Kyle
11-08-2004, 07:52 PM
I was looking to get a Optima Redtop Battery. I went to optimas web site and it says that there are no batterys available for my car. Its a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am the reason im asking is because I know some of you guys have optimas in your cars. If you guys have them then there must be a battery for my car. Where did you get them?

Mike Jung
11-08-2004, 08:35 PM
I was looking to get a Optima Redtop Battery. I went to optimas web site and it says that there are no batterys available for my car. Its a 2000 Pontiac Grand Am the reason im asking is because I know some of you guys have optimas in your cars. If you guys have them then there must be a battery for my car. Where did you get them?

Optima Red Top battery size 75/25 [or older versions 75/35] (our stock size is 75).

The best prices here locally are at Sam's Club or Costco.

Azrael
11-09-2004, 08:11 PM
I believe the people that have optimas in their GAs had to trim some of the battery tray to get it to fit. Which is why they don't list an application for GAs since they only made a few different sizes.

Kodeblue
11-10-2004, 09:49 AM
I put a Yellow Top in my 2000 with no problem. I also have a CAI so I don't know if that makes a difference at all or not.

kse73
11-10-2004, 02:49 PM
My red top didnt fit in my car....I just pushed it down until it snapped into place. The tray cracked, but the battery is still secure. Besides...its just a plastic tray.