Engine mods please help [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Engine mods please help

gagtrair985
11-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Ok im a little new to the form. you guys do an amazing job. keep it up. Anyway, Im looking at www.pfyc.com and looking at getting some computer enhancers... such as the Casper tps and the autotrans interceptor maybe even possibley the digital horsepower unit... But then i went to Jet chips module and it pretty much states it does all those do in the describtion...my question is...with a custom exhaust and cai...... What would you guys recommend? Also when i go to the jet chip website why does it only state the 2002-2004 grand am 3.4 engine can operate on this module?

Kdawg207
11-09-2004, 04:06 PM
since you have a 99....i'd go with the DHP along with yur current mods...better results

http://www.pfyc.com/store/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PFYC&Product_Code=GA3010&Product_Count=17&Category_Code=GAUNDER

see ya and *welcome*

atc3434
11-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Jet chip is pretty worthless from what I've heard from most. DHP's setup is all inclusive, it tunes the engine for optimum power with 91+ octance, and a CAI. It basically does for the transmission what the autotrans intercepter does as well, but in a much better way. A few people have gotten into trouble using the auto-trans. DHP changes the shift firmness, adds skip shifting, and raises shift points, removes the top speed limiter, all kinds of good stuff. Caspers TPS enhancers is the biggest gimicky thing out there. It does nothing for performance at all. Not a single thing.

And welcome to the boards!