Blowoff Valve / Clutch?? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Blowoff Valve / Clutch??

Ridenour
11-10-2004, 05:29 PM
2 questions:

1 - I noticed that lately when my 01 GT shifts (anywhere between 2500 to 4500 rpms) I sometimes here a blowoff valve kind of sound. It might've always been there, but I just recently started noticing it. Like as it approaches the shift I hear a hiss then like a PSH it almost sounds like a turbo blow-off except I have no idea why my car does it because Im not turbo'd or SC'd. I only have a few minor mods, the biggest one being my cold air intake. Would this maybe have something to do with it?

2 - Another thing I notice is when I rev up my car in park I hear a kind of like clutch-slipping sound that I also hear when I stomp it briefly at lower speeds. It also sounds kind of blow-off-valve-ish. Anybody have any idea what this might be?

Thanks for your replies guys.

Ridenour
11-11-2004, 05:56 PM
Any ideas?? for the love of GA this is kilin me!

GrahamKracka
11-11-2004, 06:14 PM
how many miles?

Rba007
11-11-2004, 06:17 PM
how long have you had your intake before you noticed the sound? If you had just installed it i would definitely say its your intake. Your filter clean and everything?

Ridenour
11-12-2004, 10:18 AM
it's got 34,000 miles on it. And I've had the intake about a month. and yes my filter's really clean and everything. I also noticed that the less throttle I give it at the peak of the shift ( letting off throttle as it goes to shift) the longer the sucking-sound lasts before it PSH-es. I wonder if it's just my engine revving up higher and me hearing it down the intake when it shifts or somethin.

luniz
11-12-2004, 10:29 AM
The CAI is making that sound you refer as a blow off valve. When you rev your car in park, the limiter is set to 4k rpms if I recall correctly.