is this all connected? [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : is this all connected?

Amber99ga
11-11-2004, 01:38 PM
ok last year about this time I had the wheel bearing hub assembly replaced in my car. I was gettin horrible wheel humming when I started to come to a stop and the abs trac off light would come on all the time. I'm now getting the same dummy lights on in my car as I did then and having horrible wheel noise when I drive, stop etc. So I conclude from that that I have the same problem as last year just on the opposite side. I'm taking my car to the shop on saturday, my question is this... If the warning lights I get (ABS, trac off) almost every time I get in my car are not on my car doesn't want to stop its like my brakes cant grip its kind of like a grinding slip, then all the sudden the lights come on and they grip like hell and my car stops. (Scary stuff) Usually the first time I pull up to a stop it does this then the rest of the time I'm driving the car is fine (once the warning lights kick on). Is there a connection between the wheel bearing/hub assembly that would cause my car to do this or is this a totally different problem to add to my bill???

Black Z28
11-11-2004, 02:17 PM
if your car is stopping weird... i'd say its something with a problem with the master cylender. if its just a light coming on, then it could be your ABS sensor.

Amber99ga
11-11-2004, 06:19 PM
oh its definatly stopping weird, as in not wanting to stop at all!! After I coast just far enough that I think I will rear-end the person in front of me cause my brakes won't work, it stops like I slammed on the brakes for a dear or something! Weird stuff.