trouble with headlamp and foglamp replacement [Archive] - GrandAmGT.com Forum

PDA

View Full Version : trouble with headlamp and foglamp replacement

DevilSlayer
11-11-2004, 06:49 PM
Ok, one headlamp and one foglamp just went out. Decided to replace all 4 with sylvannia cool blue ultra brights. Got the headlamp assembly out, took out the old blubs, but for some reason I can't get the new blubs to stay in place, they dont come completely out, but the blubs angle so that the light points up into the air and not towards the road. My father was the last person to replace the bulbs, but hes currently stationed in Pakistan so its kinda hard for him to help.

How do I lock the headlamp bulbs in place. Theres this black plastic thing around it but it doesn't seem to help, or do anything for that matter. As for the fog lamps, do I have to completely remove the foglamp assembly to replace the bulb?

And while were talking about headlights. The glass on my right headlamp is getting hazzy, and now the left one is starting to haze. Do I have to replace the glass or is there a way to clean it? If I have to replace it where can I get the replacement parts?

UNCTYPE-S
11-11-2004, 07:34 PM
headlights-u should be able to twist and pull. they have to line up with the cutouts for the new headlight bulb. same thing for puttin them in, line up the cutouts and twist to hold them in place.

foglights-no u dont have to take out the whole assembly. undo that rubber flap underneath so u can reach your hand around to the back of the assembly. same thing as the headlights, twist and it should come right out. unplug the harness and install the new ones.

hazyness-can really get that out....lots of people have it as the car ages. u cannot remove the glass, u have to buy a whole new headlight. stay away from the dealer. they will charge an arm and leg for both. try to look at ebay or a junk yard.

DevilSlayer
11-11-2004, 08:29 PM
http://www.autolights.tv/wholesale/Pontiac_Grand_Am__1999-2001.shtml

are the prices at this place reasonable?

UNCTYPE-S
11-11-2004, 08:31 PM
im sure you can find cheaper, but those arent that bad.