Front Speakers question [Archive] - Forum


View Full Version : Front Speakers question

11-11-2004, 09:54 PM
SEARCHED AND READ THROUGH THE FORUMS BUT...... What is the little blue cylinder thing on the positive side of the speaker wire going to the tweeter in the door. Is that a resistor. If so or not, what is it and where can i get a pair. Thanks

11-16-2004, 03:16 PM
Sounds like a Capacitor. It is used to block low frequencies from reaching the tweeter. In this case, it is commonly referred to as a crossover although a cheap one. If low frequencies reach the tweeter, it could be damaged. The capacitor should have a micro farad rating on it and you should be able to find a matching capacitor at Radio Shack.